The Phantom: fresh from the skull cave

Alpha-J

Likes Bikes
Bit of a grave dig I know, but I got a new seatpost for it. It's Deity's new Tibia post. VERY nice! Easily adjustable (just loosen the single allen bolt and adjust to your heats content!) and quite light. Has anybody else seen these around?

Just so you know I'm looking to sell this soon too, so hit me up in the for sale forum ;)

Specs

Frame - Specialized Enduro 2006
Fork - Fox 36R TALAS
Rear Shock - Fox DHX Air 5.0

Rims - Sun-Ringle MTX (snow camo)
Hubs - DICE Hoodoo Rear/Specialized Front
Tyres - F: Maxxis Highroller, R: Maxxis Minion DH-F

Pedals - LAW Moto X
Crank - Truvativ Stylo
Chain - Shimano XT
Bottom Bracket - Truvativ GXP
Front Derailleur - Shimano LX
Rear Derailleur - SRAM X9
Shifters - SRAM X7

Handlebar - Syncros Gain 7075
Grips - odi Ruffian's
Stem - Syncros AM 70mm
Headset - Cane Creek
Brake Set - Avid Juicy 7's
Saddle - SDG Bel-Air RL (snow camo)
Seat Post - Deity Tibia post (white graphics)

Attachments

Last edited:

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
A seriously serious mountain bike you have yourself there mate! And action shots! Made my day! Awesome!
My one question is regarding the cranks...? Arnt they more XC orientated?

Ride it well man!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Nice action pic, Brian :p

Seriously though, that's a sweet looking enduro you've got there mate.

Alpha-J

Likes Bikes
My one question is regarding the cranks...? Arnt they more XC orientated?
The Stylo's? I'm not sure. I'm just running them until they get smashed then I might pick up some lighter ones (XT's?) or some badass Saint's.

Nice action pic, Brian :p
Hahah, Lopes is the bomb. I actually got the idea off Jordie Lunn's Parker advertisement. Full faces are just a bit too full on for the riding I do :p

hahah nice bike man, you a follower of the comic book?
Haha, back when it was black and white in the paper mate! The bike is the phantom because its kinda purple (well, plum) and its got white bars with camo goodness

Alpha-J

Likes Bikes
Thanks guys :D

Does anybody know how to weigh my ride without having to take it to a bike shop? Call me lazy :rolleyes:

DeBloot

Feeling old
i like the look of the 06 enduros more than the new ones. yours is schmick. i'd spend plenty of time gazing. ;)
i've got digital scales, like you use to weigh yourself. got em 2nd hand for nothing, pop the back wheel up on it, and it's pretty damn accurate to .1 gm

Alpha-J

Likes Bikes
Yeah I'm not a big fan of the 07-08 Enduro SL's either (assuming you're talking about them and not the SX's). And what have Specialized done with the 2008 paint schemes??? OUCH! Most of them are cactus :p
I've got a pair of digi-scales sitting around at home. I'm just really curious as to what my steed is kg-wise. Well, I've got something to do tomorrow now hahah

DeBloot

Feeling old
yeh, there's a few things about the look of the SL's I'm not big on. Love the look of the SX's tho. Post the weight when you got it.