the minmi "no negative waves" series.

lucky13

Likes Dirt
had to start a new thread for this, mainly so it doesn't get lost and mixed up with our usual rides and drunken ramblings. it's also in the social groups thingy.

firstly, for those that haven't met us or made any sense out of the minmi thread, we a group of mates that ride downhill together every week. we have a regular friday ride/beer, as well as regular rides at various tracks in newcastle (and surrounding areas).
we are always keen to ride with whoever wants to show up.
we dont care if you're fast or slow(like me), just bring a good attitude and beer if you're old enough.

we are kicking off the minmi series soon. the date is yet to be set, but it will start in june, and be posted here(along with which track) ASAP.
the series will be made up of 5 regular monthly races, at a different track each month, and 1 championship round (with camping trip, or night at the strippers, and beerfest).
this will happen twice a year.

because the minmi boys (and any new or guest riders) are made up of riders of different abilities and ages, we will need a handicap system.

1 idea we have is a "dial your own" racing system (the same as is used in drag racing). that is where you get 2 runs, the first run is to "dial" your time.
on the second run your goal is to get as close as possible to your first time, without going under it.

this is purely a social thing designed to enable us all to race together just for fun(including our kids). our members that have raced, or are planning to race, with HMBA are still keen on proper racing.

anyone looking to get onboard with some happy-go-lucky, beer worshiping mates (and possibly take home the trophy), just put a post up here or drop us a PM.

EDIT: anyone interested is also invited to join the minmi boys social group thing.

cheers and beers = no tears,

lucky.

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Heee heeee ... great idea.

I'm in depending on dates & details (read: Kiddies and the Warden)

Suggestion:
Beat your own time ... but then that would be easy to sandbag :p

lucky13

Likes Dirt
good stuff Nerf Herder.

we will try to set dates that suit everybody and post them up with plenty of notice.

as for your suggestion: like you say, it will be to tempting for cheats (like me when there's beer around) to run a bodgey first time then blitz the handicap.

we will need to get it sorted soon, so keep the ideas comin mate.

cheers,

lucky.

THE Manik Man

Likes Dirt
sounds like fun, id come and i know a few others that would love a social race. June sounds good broke a bone in my wrist at del rio so im out for 6 weeks best case.

lucky13

Likes Dirt
that's awesome manik man (that you're keen not the broken wrist, that part sucks).

it's looking pretty sweet so far and any others you can get will make it even better mate.

also, we should be able to put a trophy up for the winner of each, 6 monthly series.

cheers,

lucky.

Last edited:

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds great, I'm keen, depending on dates and locations I'd definately be up for this...

lucky13

Likes Dirt
sweet mate, welcome aboard. it's good to see a few getting into this idea.

as for locations, the tracks will be mostly around newy (and hopefully ourimbah). there is also talk of having the championship round at thredbo. this would be tough to organise a date to suit everyone, but would be sha--weet if we can pull it off.

lucky.

lucky13

Likes Dirt
first round date

ok.....to make it easier to figure out a date for our first round in June could any members that have either a preferred date, or a date that they cant make, post it up here.

i cant do the 15th (it's the weekend of my birthday and i'll be fucked up).
i think the HMBA race day is the 29th, so that's out, leaving us with either the 1st, 8th or 22nd.

on the pointscore topic, i think i've come up with a good idea that will work well with our "dial your own" racing, while still rewarding a quick time.

cheers,

lucky.

Last edited:

lockieoc

Likes Dirt
hey man. yeh im totaly in im up at Newie most w/e love to bring the rig up and have a bit of a sesh.

cheers

THE Manik Man

Likes Dirt
judging by all the info i have gathered about my broken wrist i dont think im riding till july apparently this piss ant bone is the slowest healing bone in the human body:(. find out the extent of the damage wednesday

lucky13

Likes Dirt
hey man. yeh im totaly in im up at Newie most w/e love to bring the rig up and have a bit of a sesh.

cheers
good stuff lockieoc, glad to have ya aboard.
invite sent.

cheers.
judging by all the info i have gathered about my broken wrist i dont think im riding till july apparently this piss ant bone is the slowest healing bone in the human body:(. find out the extent of the damage wednesday
that sucks the big one manikman. but, at this stage, it's looking like our first race will be on the 22nd, so you might be right by then. if not, you should still come out for a meet and greet.

peace out.

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
i cant do the 15th (it's the weekend of my birthday and i'll be fucked up).
i think the HMBA race day is the 29th, so that's out, leaving us with either the 1st, 8th or 22nd.
no can do the 1st or the 8th sorry ... if you have a majority for either day(s), then forge ahead mate ... I'll catch up on the next one (July ??).

Re: Threders ... I'll make time :p ... maybe even do a quick Majura on the trip back :D

lucky13

Likes Dirt
rightio.......after chatting with Tom yesterday, and some others today, it sounds like the 22nd of June is the date for our first round, or if it suits everyone better we could have it on the saturday(21st), allowing us to camp out and all get smashed together after the race. does this sound like a better idea?
please let me know what you's reckon.

as for which track, i think Killi is the go. this is mainly so the fellas coming from out of town might not know our other spots and Killi is well known.

cheers.

nerf, good to hear you're up for thredbo mate. where is majura?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
nath ... Majura Pines ... is near the Canberra Airport.

I usually take the Fyshwyck(sp) bypass/shortcut when heading up to Jindy ... no, not for the 2 essential prodducts offered within that fine Suburb :D. Well worth the stop over I reckon. maybe hookup with some of the Canberra boys (jumping ahead of myself I know)

There are a couple threads if you wanna research a little. We'll see how we go, closer to the date ;)

I've just joined the social group as well so i'll keep an eye on both for the minmi DH series details

lucky13

Likes Dirt
minmi boys are go!!!

the date of our first round has been set.
it's going to be Saturday the 21st June, at around 1:30 at Killingworth.
anyone who doesn't know where it is, just ask or look on the HMBA site.
there is plenty of room for camping, so bring your tent, swag, sheet of iron, old newspapers or whatever you like to sleep under.

there will be the 2 run "dial your own" race and a "6 beer" downhill run .this consists of 6, strategically placed, beers down the hill. first 1 down the hill with 6 beers in his belly wins. there will be no points for the beer run(we're just doing it to impress girls).

pointscore for closest dialed time:
1st-20 points.
2nd-18 points.
3rd-16 points.
4th-14 points.
5th-12 points.
6th-10 points.
7th-8 points.
8th-6 points.
9th-4 points.
10th-2 points.

pointscore for fastest time:
1st-10 points.
2nd-9 points.
3rd-8 points.
4th-7 points.
5th-6 points.
6th-5 points.
7th-4 points.
8th-3 points.
9th-2 points.
10th-1 point.

the minmi boys take no responsibility for hangovers, scabby knees, angry spouses, hurt feelings, alcohol poisoning, piss regrets or loss of income due to any of the aforementioned problems.
why are you reading the fine print anyway, nancy boy.

Last edited: