The longest NS in Australia??

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
whywalkwhenucanroll said:
But it was by constantly rebuildin them that the Canadians managed 2 convince the council (or wateva) 2 let them keep them.

that's true, but the driving force behind the whole thing was to procide less environmental impact, and the fact that riders were showing intiative by maintaining the safety of the stunts through Trail Maintenance Days.

Silver Wahoo

Likes Dirt
MTB park in Brisvegas will have the longest run soon, We have already built 20+ meteres with a see-saw in the guts, just waiting for some timber donations from the local building supplies and we shall continue building.

The plan is to have almost 90% elevation to the bottom of the hill, which means over 100 meters of elevation. :D :D :D

j-ro

Likes Dirt
Guys I live in seaforth, just down the street from the old north shore. The stuff got old and rickity and no one rebuilt it becuase no-one wanted to ride it there, all the locals (us) found another secret location. The jump's there are ok but as you said they are tricky and take ages to get used to.

If anybody wants to organise a day to work there PM me or buzz me on 0412 32 42 50.

The drop there is still ok. The land there is actually owned by the RTA , the rest of the previously empty now being built on land around there was also RTA when they were going to build the sugarloaf bridge around the spit. The land is now being sold off as the RTA has decided not to build the bridge. RTA has applied to sell the land on wich this north shore was built on (along with jumps berms and drop). The RTA has been told they have to give a large proportion of the land to DUAP. (the amount wich i dont know). Lets hope the jumps are on that stuff so they dont get built on.

S.

ex offender
kalem said:
i would rather see some innovative flowin trails than some kooky north shore shitttt, i mean , i like riding it a lot , tho only when it is really well integrateddd to ttthe terrain, itf ya catch my drigft, the drunken drift that is.... spend the time mak9in a trail flow rather than some rikkety wood thing..

pre 21sst celebration by the wayt............. booooooooooooooooozed
I agree, NS stunts should be there to make the trail work better, not just "because you can".

bingle

Likes Bikes
i have heard there is some north shore in pakenham 30mins out of melbourne and there is suposed to be some on phillip island. wondering if anybody knows anything about either?

::RideSiK::

Pro Rider
we got a few sections 30-40 m long down here...

see saws and all that shite
pretty fun
wouldnt be the longest but it feels hell short like once your on it your like off again

not just ladder sections with logrides in the middle and as connections and that

wombat

Lives in a hole
bingle said:
i have heard there is some north shore in pakenham 30mins out of melbourne and there is suposed to be some on phillip island. wondering if anybody knows anything about either?
Am I the only one who finds the idea of "north" shore stunts on Phillip Island amusing?

sich nich

Likes Dirt
we have a shore bridge on a track that is composed of many bridges now joined. its pretty much thrown together with wire and nails, but alot of it is 4-5 inch wide, some wider bits up to 7foot high. currently about 30m long until we join the end bit on which will make it about 60m.
with ppl tearing ur shit down..
if u dont want ppl to find it, build it somewhere secret and dont tell anyone..

sich nich

Likes Dirt
we have a shore bridge on a track that is composed of many bridges now joined. its pretty much thrown together with wire and nails, but alot of it is 4-5 inch wide, some wider bits up to 7foot high. currently about 30m long until we join the end bit on which will make it about 60m.
with ppl tearing ur shit down..
if u dont want ppl to find it, build it somewhere secret and dont tell anyone..

howesy

Squid
i know this is kinda late to come in, but hey, im new, as for the seaforth north shore, it was torn down by a dad with a mallet because hes some broke his arm on it

howesy

Squid
i know this is kinda late to come in, but hey, im new, as for the seaforth north shore, it was torn down by a dad with a mallet because hes some broke his arm on it

Jordy

RYD4LF
near the old wollongong track out at bulli in the next suburb over there would've been about 150 metres of the stuff that was all skit