.:The Gimp New Pictures!:.

Jordy

RYD4LF
andrew said:
Jordy said:
andrew said:
donthucktoflat said:
hate to burst your bubble, but you aren't allowed to race 4X on a SS. try racing BMX in the cruiser class
Spoolin said:
Im going to use it for Street and DJ and maybe a bit of 4X when i get a chain guide for it.
that doesnt really mean he is getting gears....
oh i see now! he's getting a chainguide for a single speed
maybe the chain doesnt quite line up or something ?

Spoolin

Likes Dirt
Calm down people! :? :lol:

I will be getting gears to ride 4X but will change it over to SS for street and DJ.

Dont think I would want to race 4X with SS. :D

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jordy said:
andrew said:
Jordy said:
andrew said:
donthucktoflat said:
hate to burst your bubble, but you aren't allowed to race 4X on a SS. try racing BMX in the cruiser class
Spoolin said:
Im going to use it for Street and DJ and maybe a bit of 4X when i get a chain guide for it.
that doesnt really mean he is getting gears....
oh i see now! he's getting a chainguide for a single speed
maybe the chain doesnt quite line up or something ?
3pce cranks + ss usually equals perfect chain line.

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Phat ride man, but whats with the front brake cable? It looks like its not sitting in the mech properly (compared to the back break).

p.s I hope to god you didnt spend all that time photoshopping out the background in those pics...

Spoolin

Likes Dirt
The front brake cable just mounts differently to the leaver compared to the rear, but i dont mind it seeing its the front cable goes to the front of the bike.

No i didnt photoshop the background, just used a while backdrop. :D

X13

Likes Bikes
Nice Ride.. Probably one of the nicest looking ones on here (in my opinion)! Looks especially good with the white backdrop...

Just a few questions, How do you find the DMR SS (It is the one which goes onto an 8/9 speed freewheel right? Or am i seeing things :shock: ) and what did you use to hold your bike up when you took those shots, it looks like there just standing there on there own :lol:

Thanks
Michael

Spoolin

Likes Dirt
X13 said:
Nice Ride.. Probably one of the nicest looking ones on here (in my opinion)! Looks especially good with the white backdrop...

Just a few questions, How do you find the DMR SS (It is the one which goes onto an 8/9 speed freewheel right? Or am i seeing things :shock: ) and what did you use to hold your bike up when you took those shots, it looks like there just standing there on there own :lol:

Thanks
Michael
Michael,
I found the DMR SS kit a great setup and have no problems at all.
The only down side to it is the price, I would recomend the Da Bomb setup as it looks like a better quality setup and is half the price. ($49.95 for the DMR) and yes it is the 8-9speed setup.

I used a small white block to hold my bike up (by the pedal) but it cannot be seen becuase it is also white.

Cya,
Chris.

X13

Likes Bikes
Spoolin said:
Michael,
I found the DMR SS kit a great setup and have no problems at all.
The only down side to it is the price, I would recomend the Da Bomb setup as it looks like a better quality setup and is half the price. ($49.95 for the DMR) and yes it is the 8-9speed setup.

I used a small white block to hold my bike up (by the pedal) but it cannot be seen becuase it is also white.

Cya,
Chris.
Okay, thanks for that

I was just wondering thats all as i may convert my STP once it arrives into SS for summer (Street/Urban) riding, but I was also looking for something cheaper than the DMR as i will most probably have to get a SS Tensioner (if i can't shorten the chain too a suitable length) due too the vertical drop outs... The Da Bomb One's Look pretty nice!
You wouldnt know how much the Da Bomb tensioner would cost? I don't really see why the DMR Tension Seeker Costs $125...

MUGEN: I'm pretty sure (please correct me if I'm wrong) you can use a perfectly white sheet for the backdrop and use fairly bright lights and you can get this effect, but some shadows may come in to play. This is when i think you use photoshop to change the contrast and brightness and stuff to get the effect like Chris has gotten with his bike.

Thanks Again
Michael

Spoolin

Likes Dirt
MUGEN said:
Spoolin said:
No i didnt photoshop the background, just used a while backdrop. :D
used a white backdrop? How?
You can get white background at some photography stores, Its pretty much a very large peice of paper with a large price tag also.
You can use sheets but may not have the best results as they can not be white enough.

The rest is camera settings (Aperture and Speed Shutter)

I shot on a cloudy day, early in the morning, by doing this you get nice fine even light that produces very little to no shadows.
I only do this becuase I cannot affored a studio and lighting gear.

The only photoshop I used was to adjust image size and to put the black border around the image.

X13

Likes Bikes
Ahh k, I asked my dad how they did white backdrops in photos as he reads a few Digital Camera magazines and he said the used sheets (not sure whether he ment sheets of paper or bed sheets :p) and just adjust a few things in your camera and in photoshop.
Yours looks pretty much the same as the shots in Car Magazines where there in a proffesional studio.. Nice work!

Michael