The Future Of Mountain Bikes

Jabubu

let you google that for me
They're a thing on caravans and trailers but has anyone mentioned wireless brakes?

A new SRAM tubeless valve standard.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
single pivot will never die
Nailed it.

electronic shifting...its only a matter of time...2-3 years max
Timeframe off but yep got there!

Actually rekon the time for gearboxes is ripe now.
- We are almost at the limit of moar gears is better mentality.
- Standards have evolved for ebike motor mounts and naturally this paves the way for gearboxes
- People have gotten used to the idea of a $10k bike

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Self-pedalling, self-balancing, automatic steering, un-crashable bikes will make helmets redundant and everyone will set identical Strava KOMs.
you don't even need to bother getting on the bike....
just sit on couch with VR and control it remotely...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
SRAM to introduce a 18.99mm front axle standard.
In 2018 SRAM were going to drop 20mm on their Boxxers and go to 15mm across the board.
Can't remember why they didn't but they had worked out there was no real advantage between 15mm and 20mm axles.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
In 2018 SRAM were going to drop 20mm on their Boxxers and go to 15mm across the board.
Can't remember why they didn't but they had worked out there was no real advantage between 15mm and 20mm axles.
Makes sense why they invented "Torque Caps"...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

And didn't fix cop heaps of shit for not going 20mm on their 38s when first launched only to have (I think it was Sam Hill) a pro rider talk about the need for some flex in your fork to finesse turns or something that sounded like bullshit that a 15mm gives while a 20mm doesn't?

ozzybmx

And didn't fix cop heaps of shit for not going 20mm on their 38s when first launched only to have (I think it was Sam Hill) a pro rider talk about the need for some flex in your fork to finesse turns or something that sounded like bullshit that a 15mm gives while a 20mm doesn't?
Here is the article, took some serious bubu buzz words to find again.

Pro riders on Lyxxers, Boxxers with a 29" Lyrik lower.

ozzybmx

One thing we can take from a lot of articles I've read and watched lately.
The riders have dictated that non plus tyres and wider/narrower than 30mm internal rims are not what they want.
It seems the worldwide MTB community have dictated 30mm internal and 2.4 to 2.5 are the magic spot.
Not that it's a standard but expect sizes of popular wheels and tyres to be 'more available' in these widths.