The Fixie Thread

floody

Wheel size expert
Mostly I'm saying use good tools to do it, not a 6" long random spanner made of chrome plated cheese.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Picked up a new project thismorning.

It's a Capo frame, handcrafted by Milton Jones. Definately an 80's bike. Anyone know anything about these frames?

Tis nice and light, got a few goodies on it too, should end up nice.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
threw some 27" wide flat bars on my fixie for a change, and it's like a new bike! I'm used to 28"+ bars on my bmx, so the extra width is welcome, and good for hillclimbing. feel much safer on it than twitchy drops. just need new lever and decent grips.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
Thanks man! It's so amazing to ride. I wanna draw on it with textas, give it a name and a head-badge, but also wanna keep it simple. dunno. I think texta might be hard to metho off satin paint, so I may control myself.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks man! It's so amazing to ride. I wanna draw on it with textas, give it a name and a head-badge, but also wanna keep it simple. dunno. I think texta might be hard to metho off satin paint, so I may control myself.
Buy some 3M clear protective tape and stick that one, then write onto that, if you get bored just peel the tape off.

pilot

Likes Dirt
Does anybody know somewhere that I can get my frame media-blasted in the city in Sydney?

Somewhere cheap would be especially good.

There's gotta be plenty of places in the industrial areas of Alexandria and the inner-west....??

Any tips?

Tomas

my mum says im cool
I found one in Hornsby thru the yellow pages. Just goto YP online and give a few places a call. There are hundreds of places in Syd that can do it.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Off the streets of annandale. It would be up there with some of my best street finds. I plan on eventually getting a surly steamroller and either selling this or building a very fast TT style bike.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is the right size: Hipster size.
i cant see the latte holder?

do fixie riders go into hibernation in the wet? i just banged on some milk bottle mud guards. stopping distance...well..has increased slightly though!

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been doing a bit of work on my new project bike. Stripped it down, rebuilt some stuff and did some polishing. Frame is a Capo. Shimano 600 stem. Cinelli bars. Superbe Pro crankset. Zeus seatpost. Whacked a San Marco saddle on there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I did some research and found that the frame is handmade in Western Australia by a retired engineer who resides in Willagee.