The Fixie Thread

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
How tall are you? I'm guessing that your frame is too big for you but you choose to ride it anyway... :D
Yep, the frame is big for me... I am just under 6'0.

That pic is when it wasn't fully built and I didn't have the right size seatpost and no seatpost bolt which is why the seat is all the way down like that. In the end when I am standing over the bike... yes it is too big. But as for riding, it fits fine.

EDIT. Found the complete build pic, not much difference in seat height. But I only use this for commuting, not tricks.

Frame size:
Top tube: 58.5
Down tube: 63.5

I have a few other frames that I have collected for the past few months including a hillman I rescued from the tip last friday which is a much better size for me.

This is how it started

Last edited:

Pete J

loves his dog
Okey dokey, got any pics of your other frames?

I recently switched my Schwalbe Blizzard (23-622) tyres for some Duranos (25-622) and am loving how different they feel. The Blizzards give a very harsh ride and make you feel every little bump on the road whereas the Duranos don't, my wrists are very happy about that!
Some of it could be the difference in size i guess, however it wasn't tyre pressure at all cos i am very fussy about keeping them at 8 bar.
My Zipp front locking skewer has also given up the ghost, seems like i have been a bit over zealous in tightening it up. :eek: I reckon i'll get the axle changed for a bolt up one instead, in the meantime i am running my Profile racing hubbed spare front wheel.
No pics from me right now though, not even of my dog!! :p

Last edited:

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
Okey dokey, got any pics of your other frames?
There are two missing frames, but the hillman is in there.

I am keeping this as my roadie, but will be using the forks on one of my other builds while this one gets some carbons.

Another one I rescued from the tip, will build it up as a ss for my brother

vandenberg

Likes Dirt
hey justin,
deathtrap is right. please, please tell me you dont plan on taking that on the road. i know grant's taken his out, but fuck dude, death awaits.
also, from what i understand theyre now illegal to ride on the road.
however, flat track racing = awesome. more of it.

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nah it's just for giggles.

The RTA states that anything above 200watts needs to be registered. I'm not exactly sure how you go abouts registering something over that 200watts (I assume you need to somehow get someone authorised to check it over and give it a compliance plate of some sort).

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Doesn't it become a vehicle and you need some sort of a licence and the full rego, 3rd party insurance? That's what i thought..

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heffron Park? Still looks smooth as ever:rolleyes:

So what speed do these things do? I'm thinking of a derny for some motorpacing???