The Einstein Flip??

Kreaky

Likes Dirt
probably, but they have been calling them flatty backflips!!

this is just another name for it to sound cooler :lol:
NICE TRY!!

patto_15

Wheel size expert
it says pushing the boundaries. what boundaries. Steven Murry attempted a 360 turn down back flip in competition. unsure if he landed it though. but thats pushing it more than just a flat back flip.

DOM

Eats Squid
haha yeah I love how they write crap they know nothing about .. Typical Journalistic lack of research.

Did anyone watch that Redbull X fighters FMX special few weeks back.

Superman Blackflips .. and 360ing a Moto over 80ft is pushing boundaries !!!

Ryan

Radministrator
I'm pretty sure it's a 360-table-flip, they wouldn't be stupid enough to claim that a tabled backflip is pushing boundaries in BMX. More the fault of a vague description than anything else.

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Ryan said:
I'm pretty sure it's a 360-table-flip, they wouldn't be stupid enough to claim that a tabled backflip is pushing boundaries in BMX. More the fault of a vague description than anything else.
Yea, thats what i was thinking. Would look pretty sick, but im sure its more than possible.

S.

ex offender
Ryan said:
I can't even imagine that one in my head. That'd look like some big random tumble that happened to come out facing the right way when you landed.

floody

Wheel size expert
S. said:
some big random tumble that happened to come out facing the right way when you landed.
^ Here we have the most concise description of dirtjumping and FMX I have yet encountered.

DOM

Eats Squid
floody said:
S. said:
some big random tumble that happened to come out facing the right way when you landed.
^ Here we have the most concise description of dirtjumping and FMX I have yet encountered.
haha yep,

to add to that one.

yep and in fmx the more you move around .. as if to mimic having a seizure .. the more points you get.

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sure the scientist woman probably has no clue of modern day riding but I don't See this as being anything negative at all.
Science is becoming relative to kids and therefore becoming more 'cool' and easier to relate to, and at the same time it is putting bike riding back in the limelight.

No harm done here IMO.

DEVLIN

Likes Dirt
Jordy said:
I think he more wanted pics of the 360-tabletop-backflip

Timo pritzel does the tabletop-backflip in NWD 4
Thanks Jordy, I shall go a study the video. I think I remember the jump now. Sick bastard.

marklar

Likes Bikes
"at the limits of what's humanly possible"?????

dunno about the table-top part, but there's a sequence in Dirt of a guy sooo almost landing a double backflip. surely if this is pushing the laws of conservation of angular momentum a double flip would break them just a lot...

patto_15

Wheel size expert
double flips have been done by a few people now. Steven Murray is the main one to pull them off. they have been done in competition in both dirt and street. they are rad as. i read that when Steven Murray went for this one he under rotated just that little bit and skidded out. and also he has landed one before i think. search in google "Steven Murray 360 turndown backflip" and has heaps on it.

Ryan

Radministrator
Double backflips were landed on BMX's many years ago and Timo Pritzel nearly landed one on an MTB in NWD4, which is probably the sequence you're talking about in Dirt, in a Scott advertisement with a "congratulations" that lies about him "landing" it.

Travis Pastrana can land doubles on a freestlye moto into a foam pit (now THAT's a sequence to check out if you can find it on the net) so don't be surprised if he busts that out at this years X-Games...double backies on a moto is just fucking insane though, that's seriously pushing the limits of conservation of momentum.

harrypowell

Banned
stephen murray did do a 360 trundown backflip, i saw it, he got heaps high, it looked trippy but cool, he over rotated and landed sideways, but managing to stay on the bike he hurt his back though, just from landing sideways, it was weird ...