The Baum Bandit - A Handcrafted Titanium Masterpiece

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Crimson, Put everyone out of their misery. what sort of $$ did the frame set you back?

amazing bike, the sort of thing you would own if you didnt have to pay for it.

always wondered why BMX didnt go sliding dropouts and disc brakes.

SOTTA

Likes Dirt
That is amazing! Doesn't matter what type of bike. One has to admire the amount of time, money and dedication needed for something like this to come to life!

Awesome work!

Crimson

Likes Dirt
Crimson, Put everyone out of their misery. what sort of $$ did the frame set you back?
I haven't even added it all up myself (partly out of fear) but the entire build is probably somewhere in the range of $7k-$8k with the frame equating for roughly half of the cost.

always wondered why BMX didnt go sliding dropouts and disc brakes.
BMX played with mechanical discs back in the early 2000's but dropped it a couple of years later. I was recently told it was because the wheels were flexing which casued the rotors to move, but I haven't been able to confirm this (and so far mine aren't flexing).

Crimson

Likes Dirt
Deadest amazing piece of art, what does it weigh?
I actually have no idea.

When I picked it up I was so excited I forgot to through it on the scales and I haven't been near a set of scales since.

My guess would be low 8's, I'd be absolutely over the moon if it dropped into 7's.

Crimson

Likes Dirt
whats it like with the disc on the rear Crimson ?? Lovely dropouts.
Smooth is probably the best way to describe it. Haven't had so much grip from so little pressure before.

Haven't had to rip them on in an emergency yet, but pretty sure it saved me from going ass up earlier in the week when I started to slip on some loose gravel in a berm.