The Angry Doctor and his sidekicks are back in town in 2008!

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Entries are going quick

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]After a sold-out inaugural event in 2007, the Netti MTB Enduro, featuring The Angry Doctor 100km, The Irate Intern 50km and The Nasty Nurse 10km Prologue are back in town! On the weekend of 6-7 September 2008, over 700 riders are expected to take over Mogo on the South Coast of NSW for some seriously sweet mountain biking! As Shaun Lewis - 2nd placer last year by mere seconds - said, [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]“the course set for the 07 Angry Doctor MTB Enduro had everything a good 100k event should, with just enough challenging hills rewarded with great single track and fast descents.” [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] Yes, it is true: the Angry Doctor is not for the faint hearted with 2,850m of total climb but it’s awesome riding! Naomi Hansen, winner of the Female Elite category praised “truly the best single track I’ve ridden in any 100km race” with “heaps of great dirt riding”. Some minor changes to last year’s course will make the ride even more interesting while keeping all the good bits in![/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]Add to this beautiful vistas and the South Coast breathtaking beaches a stone’s throw away and you’ve got the recipe for a perfect weekend get-away! Riders are invited to pack their families in with their bikes as there will be some activities for all, from going to the zoo for the kids, to shopping, whale-watching and surfing for the significant other.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] The Eurobodalla Coast region is gearing up to welcome all visitors and show the best of what it has to offer! But the best idea for riders is still to get their loved ones to try mountain biking the day before the event with the 10km prologue open to all. Entries for the prologue can be made online or on the day. There will also be demo bikes available from event partners Cannondale and Scott so even the bike-less can have a go.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Just like last year, there will be plenty of prizes for the winners in each category as well as giveaways for best costumes and such from Netti and a strong team of sponsors: Shimano, Cannondale, Maxxis/Sigma, Continental/Rudy Project, Kenda/Serfas and more![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Entries are limited and close August 25 or sooner if sold out.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For more information and entry details visit: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]www.nettimtbenduro.com.au
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Alchemist - who might cheat this time and use gears[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As a result of some extremely POOR diary management, I will be several thousand km's away from Event Central for this one. D'oh! I was very looking forward to resolving some unfinished business with this one.

Delmar

Likes Dirt
Just tried to enter... gone already!!

Arghh!

If anyone changes their mind, I want in on the 100km.

Onegear

Likes Dirt
Automatic Disqualification.

I dont drink alochol at all so I am probably up for an automatic disqualification and I wont even go into the secret training that has just begun.
Cant wait for 100ks it will be lots of fun if I train hard that is.

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
Wow!

Just tried to enter... gone already!!

Arghh!
Wow, that's a shock, last year it didn't sell out (but they did close entries a few days before the race as a marketing ploy to say it sold out), looks like this year she has really sold out, and early!

Shame on me for not getting my entry in quickly enough... awesome stuff for AROC though, they deserve getting a much better responce this year as it was a cracker event last year, very well run indeed!

Good luck to all lucky enough to get in this year!

tim_d

Likes Dirt
So does that mean all classes are sold out or just the 100km? I want to enter junior category with my mates as we are only 50kms away... but sounds like we were too slow:(
Are the juniors generally very competetive anyway? We would only really be doing a casual pace and we all ride djers.
Maybe see you there (hopefully lol)
Im riding this bike anyway \/ \/

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
oh well... means your legs will be fresh for the Sydney 12hr a week later ;)

Cheers
Gonz
Mmmm, 5 hours of marathon or 12 hours of laughs, you're tempting me, sounds like a great consolation prize, and a better training race leading up the Scott a few weeks later too!

I'm interested... just emailed you to get some details (as the ones on the 12hr website are sparse)...

PDogg

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Sold out!! Now that's a Farkin shame :(

Oh well, I just need to pray for some of my fellow riders to suffer major misfortune and I should be able to snag an entry :D

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Sold out!! Now that's a Farkin shame :(

Oh well, I just need to pray for some of my fellow riders to suffer major misfortune and I should be able to snag an entry :D
Bugger Mr Dogg. After being asked to find entries for a couple of elite riders for the Dirt Works Classic I ended up finding more than I could get rid of so your chances are good.