Tasmania National Round

DOM

Eats Squid
Tasmania is set to host the only combined downhill, cross country and mountain cross event in the 2005/06 National Series.

Take the opportunity to check out Australia’s latest purpose built mountain bike park. The Glenorchy Mountain Bike Park is only 15 minutes out from Hobart’s city centre. The MTB Park was created with the help of world-renowned course designer Glen Jacobs (Mudcow Visions). Think Sydney Olympics, World Cup, World Championships - Glen has designed over 150 courses in 17 countries, yet he calls this, “The most exciting project for years - the location, the tracks, the people. The place is set to become a major mountain biking destination. There is nothing else like it in Australia.”

Downhill, Cross Country, Mountain Cross, and Dirt Jumps all centred in one facility that has been professionally designed by Glen Jacobs.

The cross country course is a 20 to 30 minute circuit that winds around the whole park and through the race village. Lots of variation in terrain and landscapes, with climbs, downhills and technical sections throughout the course. The entire course should be negotiable for experienced riders however.

The Downhill starts at an elevation of approximately 400m and drops down to the race village at 160m—taking around four minutes to complete. Technical sections, fast flowing sections, drops, jumps, rock gardens and some big forest - this is a long course with heaps of variation and technical features.

The MTNX course is located in the centre of the race village. The whole course is around six meters wide and has multiple line options. Expect the lead to change often on this Jacob’s monster - Australia’s biggest Mountain Cross course.

Some great dirt jump trails are also tucked into the forest around the race village to keep you entertained between races.

Needless to say, the trip down to Tassie will be well worth it. A huge event is in store, a professional commentator, timing contractor, lots of local support and a prize pool expected to exceed $10,000 including some awesome prizes and giveaways throughout the weekend - like a Kona jump bike thanks to Treadlies bike shop and Kona.

For all the details check out www.tasbikepark.com

bazza

look at me
nice nice nice nice why do i have to live on the opposite end of australia to tassie............grrrr

glen

MV Australia
Busty a

busty busty,,,,not so fussy,,,, a littler rusty,,,,,very dusty,,,,,not so trusty,,,,,,,scratch his nutsy,

Oli

Likes Bikes
I worked at Cadbury's for 3 months.
An experience like that puts you pretty much off chocolate.

Yep, there is a trail that comes out next to the Cascade Brewery, and then you can ride through their gardens!!

Moneypenny

Cannon Fodder
Haha nice one. Yep its finally tasi's time to shine. I cant wait to ride this course and race on it. Its great that tasi is now in on the national scene and we wont disapoint