Tamworth Ride Spots

unit86

Squid
Hey just wondering if there is anyone in tamworth still doing a bit of dh/fr.
My mate and myself have ony been riding a few months and we have been building onto the trails at the tamworth lookout and council has now removed them all.
We are keen on building im a carpenter and he is a hard worker we have a few places in mind to start fresh but if anyone knows where else there are tracks to ride/add to let us know.

des.182

Squid
Tamworth

Heard of trails up on the Moonbi range, would be an awesome length downhill. Will find out from some of the other locals where there have been trails in the past

unit86

Squid
yeah i heard of them my mate went for a look but could not find. we r workin on one atm but keepin it close to our chest dont want another one pulled down.
ended up finding our timber scattered up the hill so thinking it might not b council

avd316

Likes Bikes
Lets build some trails

Hey guys,

Awesome ride yesterday! Head still a bit sore from the off. I hope that it was a source of amusement for you all. LOL. You guys know where the trails are now so lets keeping building and maintaining. If we do things right the Fun Police will just crawl back into their holes.

Might even try to get the Moombi track going again.

I Will be looking at forming a club so that we can keep developing our sport and so that we don't have to resort to smashing windows on the main street for our fun. LOL

Will be away with work for a while. But I will not be out of Internet coverage. Will post more updates about the club situation.

Send me a pers message if you want my e-mail address.

Keep riding!!!!!

Fr_20

Squid
I'm very glad u guys showed us the hidden track.
I won't be telling anyone.
We plan on just cleaning it first After the knobs trashed it.
Hopfully when u return it will be a nice clean track.
As for the off. It was unreal that u didn't get hurt. Best mountain bike crash iv ever seen.

Will send u a txt soon.

Fr_20

Squid
Rain.
What rain. :)

Rain is good. But we have had so much I'm sick of the rain.

It's only Tuesday and I'm hanging for a ride all ready!!

unit86

Squid
It was an awsome ride to bad some of the tracks are stuffed but at least we can use all those logs and rocks to build the track up saves us from moving them as far.
im getting a helmet cam this week i hope so we can capture some of those mad crashes. lol:)

des.182

Squid
Boys, heads up, DHI UCI World Champs coming up on the 2nd (Thursday) and 5th (Sunday) of next month, worth a sleepless night I reckon

Fr_20

Squid
Which one is the xc track. ??

Is the dhi on tv ?? What channel.

Where going up Friday arvo to start on this track. I'm excited.

Ben.

Drc

Squid
Hey,

I'm going to be up in Tamworth in the next few weeks, can you recommend anywhere decent to get some XC riding in? Anywhere even up towards Nundle through the pine forest?

Cheers,
Dave

Fr_20

Squid
Hey,

I'm going to be up in Tamworth in the next few weeks, can you recommend anywhere decent to get some XC riding in? Anywhere even up towards Nundle through the pine forest?

Cheers,
Dave

Mate have a look at the armidale bike club website. (google).
They have a good xc track int the forest.
About 1 hr from Tamworth.

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not to sound like a complete toss here boys but i'v got to say please don't do major mods on the trails without complete consent of the entire group of riders in the district. Theres nothing worse than finding a line built thats been destroyed for the purpose of making it easier.

cheers
mick.

Fr_20

Squid
The top track is cleaned and good to ride. The bridge is back up. But just have a look before crossing :)

Now let's hope it's doesn't get destroyed again.

Enjoy.

Fr_20

Squid
Not to sound like a complete toss here boys but i'v got to say please don't do major mods on the trails without complete consent of the entire group of riders in the district. Theres nothing worse than finding a line built thats been destroyed for the purpose of making it easier.

cheers
mick.
Um.
Have u been up there in the past few weeks.
Some real good do gooders decided to try to block all the tracks with what ever the can. Rocks logs whatever they can get. All our wood is gone. All the hard work. Gone.
We have never touched the main trails. We have just been adding extra lines to them. To give the people the option.

Who is the entire biking group. ??
We have been up there every weekend for the last 3 months.
Building and riding. And havnt seen no one until last weekend.

Sorry if u are one of the boys we where riding with on Sunday. Top blokes.

We have been up there all after noon clearing a track so we can all ride.
Where not there to ruin the place
We also like hard line. We don't want a easy track. But some people need the option.

Last edited:

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Um.
Have u been up there in the past few weeks.
Some real good do gooders decided to try to block all the tracks with what ever the can. Rocks logs whatever they can get. All our wood is gone. All the hard work. Gone.
We have never touched the main trails. We have just been adding extra lines to them. To give the people the option.

Who is the entire biking group. ??
We have been up there every weekend for the last 3 months.
Building and riding. And havnt seen no one until last weekend.

Sorry if u are one of the boys we where riding with on Sunday. Top blokes.

We have been up there all after noon clearing a track so we can all ride.
Where not there to ruin the place
We also like hard line. We don't want a easy track. But some people need the option.
Thats fine mate, havent been up there in ages cause the bikes been out of order. I will be going up tomorow to build. The reason why i posted the first comment up was that there was some pretty dodge lines built a month back that didn't work and were pretty dangerous. As for the obstructions, most likely the councils doing, thing to keep in mind is that northshore feutures always attract attention, same reason why i stopped building them years ago. You may know, there used to be a fare few northshore features over in the gully next to the marsupial park, council binned them, but not the dirt made features. So after seeing that, i stopped building it.

Fr_20

Squid
No worries mate.

I just get pissed off so easy about this. We have been so flat out trying to get these tracks good.
It's never ending.
The tracks are a dangerous from start to finish that's why we ride them. For the thrill.

Any way. Hope to see u up there so we can have a chat about the trails.
And where we want to go with them.

We do need different lines tho.

Sorry again

des.182

Squid
Hey Guys, recovering from a hell of a hangover. Had a walk down the back track (towards the marsupial park) this arvo. The pallets that someone had put out have been removed, but natural features (read rock jumps) have not been removed .I think Bushpig is onto something regarding wooden features. I've spent a fair bit of time to dig in erosion ditches and had a chat to numerous walkers who have been stoked at the amount of effort my wife and I have put into building sustainable trails. All the trails up there are technically illegal, therefore it's up to us to set the standard. Looking forward to check out the work you guys have put into that top track. Keep the thread rolling so we can all keep in contact as to how the trails are doing. My two cents...see you guys up there.... out.