Tailgate pads.

stirk

Burner
I just googled the Navara, because poking fun at the Dual Cab epidemic is a hobby of mine. Unfortunately that rear spoiler/platform tailgate is actually rather clever, so I can't make fun of it :sad:

I think the bike would sit over it just fine, I'm not sure what it would do to the pad though.
For Australian conditions they should always factor in a stubbie with mates.

Give the dual cabs a break! I'm sure the new navara will look awesome with 21" rims and low profile tyres.

Deanmc

Squid
I found with the pads after a few dusty runs that it tends to wear the paint off your forks and scratch the bottom tube. That's with it tied down with the Velcro straps. I now throw a towel or a chamois in there. But that's me, I like to take care of my bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
i love the dual cab epidemic
Just be cautious with how where you use a ute - in particular where you park it. At major sporting evens that attract thousands of cars in the parking lot, vehicles that automatically qualify for tax concessions have their licence plate numbers noted and cross referenced to business claims. When there are hits you can get into a mess with false declarations and FBT. Worse if you've already claimed back GST.

I've trimmed the quote......

Last edited:

Cropduster

Likes Dirt
it's all good, because of the carrying capacity it's FBT exempt, so there's no false declaration, and my usage is within the law as a small business owner. I've seen the guys writing down license plates at rainbow beach at Xmas time but i've not had any issues because i'm complying with the tax laws as they're written, thanks for the concern though.

higgin_d

Likes Dirt
Anyone after a Dakine one - there's one for sale in newcastke on nsw Mtb trading post group on Facebook. $100 he's asking
If anyone wants a Dakine one, I no longer have a ute, and would be happy to let mine go for $75.00 if that's reasonable.

Located in Southern SYD

scblack

Leucocholic
Just be cautious with how where you use that ute Cropduster - in particular where you park it. At major sporting evens that attract thousands of cars in the parking lot, vehicles that automatically qualify for tax concessions have their licence plate numbers noted and cross referenced to business claims. When there are hits you can get into a mess with false declarations and FBT. Worse if you've already claimed back GST.
Where have you ever heard of this happening?

Serious question.

Last edited:

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
Where have you ever heard of this happening?

Serious question.
MCG last year - photographs included. A customer of ours with a ute. His business is in the building industry and an investigation was triggered. A most miserable time for his whole team.