Sydney Northen Beaches- Which Bike?

Stanas

Likes Bikes
Hi guys,
I am heading to Sydney (Newport Area) next week and am wondering which bike I should take on my travels-Road or XC MTB? Also some routes/locations would be tops! Thanks in advance for any responses.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Hi guys,
I am heading to Sydney (Newport Area) next week and am wondering which bike I should take on my travels-Road or XC MTB? Also some routes/locations would be tops! Thanks in advance for any responses.
XC MTB fo sho. Drivers in Sydney are too angry, and although there's good road riding around Newport (up to Palm Beach and back, etc), there are also fun trails. Red Hill XC loops, Manly Dam, Oxford Falls trails...all fun rides.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Bring both. Asside form the XC trails above, there are some great road rides on the other side of Pittwater from you - Ride to Mona Vale, down to Church Point, up McCarrs creek road and out to West Head. Should be over 50K's return and is very popular with the roadie fraternity.

Stanas

Likes Bikes
XC MTB fo sho. Drivers in Sydney are too angry, and although there's good road riding around Newport (up to Palm Beach and back, etc), there are also fun trails. Red Hill XC loops, Manly Dam, Oxford Falls trails...all fun rides.
How far away are these trails, have heard of them being good. The driver agro did cross my mind coming from Tassie.

Bring both. Asside form the XC trails above, there are some great road rides on the other side of Pittwater from you - Ride to Mona Vale, down to Church Point, up McCarrs creek road and out to West Head. Should be over 50K's return and is very popular with the roadie fraternity.
Well in a perfect world I would take the two, but hey I don't think Virgin will agree with my baggage weight. Plus I wanna do some other things while I'm up. That route sounds nice though.

Thanks for the help guys.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
XC probably best bet, but road rides are definitely closer. I live in Mona Vale, next south from Newport. If you need coffee, Chelsea Tea House in Avalon, Zubi Bar in Newport, and 2kf in Mona Vale.

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spoken like a true hipster.
"yeah bring your road bike. BTW there's some good cafes here".