Sydney City Rides

How often should we city ride???

• Total voters

Rik

logged out
Argh, this wind is driving me insane! I had a headwind all the way too and from TAFE today, and I know it'll be breezy in the city. Hopefully that won't put me off too much, I'm looking forward to taking the new and improved DK for a spin :D

weekly rides

Being the new boy i have a question. Do you all meet up in the same spot each time , at about the same time? Big prob with so many people doing so many things. Why not make the meeting place more of a general hang out. Turn up on any given night at 7 and see what happens. Say have tues , wed , and /or thurs every fortnight as the main weekly rides , this gives alot of flexibility and maybe good to mix groups about. Sorry been here 2 mins and already sticking my nose in! Getting out would be a start! I''m there for sure next outing , just someone give me a shout , ta !

You haven't seen me ......................right!

stinkydan

Rik

logged out
Not a bad idea stinkydan...but.... Squid mentioned the other week, a very valid point: we don't want any regularity with meeting, as it can and will attract negative attention (eg, police, security, vigilantes, mobs of angry youths swinging sacks full of doorknobs etc). Right now, the every Wednesday thing is pretty good, but IMO we should move the meeting spot around a bit, and maybe throw in different days here and there.

The only real problem I see with having multiple designated riding days in one week is there'll be a lack of attendance for each day, which is no good.

Oh, and keep your eye on this forum, Sydney City rides are starting to gain momentum (albeit slowly), so we'll let you know of the next planned outing!

Anyway, enough from me, I'm still pumped and sweaty from tonight, better shower and relax. Cheers.

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Well last night was good i think we should stick to the route we did last night
Apart from that friggin head wind all the way home (Which is up hill) i had a ball...

As for the comment made about switching days around all i have to say is if your going to do that you have to keep as 1 firm day with diffrent locations otherwise your not going to get more than 6 people at a time and thats a bit of a bitch for the regular crew (Yeah boys!) so keep it wednesday as thats already a good day for most just location swap.

I mean the trials guys have 1 solid day they just change the meeting points. And that saves alot of confusion when people forget its on thursday and not wednesday.

Keep it as it is for the time being till we have a drama and if there is a problem change the meeting point only not that day...
Either waywere still going to have cops and security guards and annoyed public no matter what day we ride so best not to muck up what already working well...

ohh one more thing...
SOMEONE BRING A DAMM CAMERA NEXT TIME!

Thankyou (Bows)

P.S. Squid you have a mean ass

kitakishi

Likes Dirt
I understand that the regular attendees should get a big say in what day but only sticking to one set day is just a big FUCK YOU to anyone that can't get there on that day.

If the idea was to promote this as much as possible for as many people as possible then this isnt it doing so. This just ends up as a ride for the regulars.

I am not saying that I would always be there and my riding ability is that shit that most of the time I'd be watching the better riders but that doesnt mean I'd like to be excluded cause I can't be there on the regulars day.

Besides how fucking hard is it to remember there is a ride planned.

KK

Rik

logged out
Easy there mate...

If you want to organise other nights to ride, it wouldn't be a bad idea. I know Wednesday is about the only night I can get out of the house without worrying about other commitments, and it's seemed to work out well for our regulars. But, if you can't make it Wednesday, why don't you organise one for another night? I know I'd like to ride on other nights if there's rides organised, but between 3 jobs and TAFE I'm buggered if I can find a free night :shock:

Rik

logged out
kitakishi said:
Besides how fucking hard is it to remember there is a ride planned.

KK
If someone needs to plan many weeks ahead what night they ride just so they can get that night free, then yes it can be fucking hard to remember that a ride is coming up. Unless we devise a definite rotating roster, noone is going to be completely satisfied.

But then again, the idea of a rotating roster is a good one IMO, so maybe we should organise something similar (eg, 1st week of the month is a monday, 2nd week is a wednesday, 3rd week is a friday, 4th week is a saturday day ride), because as I've mentioned, finding free time can be really hard for some.

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Yeah thats not a bad idea but i only can really spare wednesdays too.

So that means i get to miss another 3/4 etc weeks of riding till the net wednesday night.

If you wanna plan other rides around wednesday night were not gonna stop you.
Its just that for most of us Wednesday is all we got to spare during the week.
Specially squid and Naz and others that have to treck from Manly etc

kitakishi

Likes Dirt
Rik said:
Easy there mate...
:
Easy but not cheap eh?

Rik said:
If you want to organise other nights to ride, it wouldn't be a bad idea.
Very true but its just pure laziness on my part. Plus I figure the guys that go in regularly know all the choice spots, whereas I know SFA of where to go in the city. (although finding stuff is half the fun)

KK

naz

Criminally Inane
i jsut sold my bikes so unless i can borrow a mates bmxor somethin i wont be ridin for a while...fark.....
last night was sick though

Dicky

Punter God
reckon... you were cutting sick with all that travel, ya fkn nut... nice one bro :)

so we can get more and different ppl in the crew, i'm putting my hand up for the rotation of nights that we ride, or even go for more than one ride a week? maybe?

once ppls have been out for a city ride or two, there'll be more thought and effort put into turning up. i know i can be a lazy bastard at the best of times. (and yes i know you know that too squid :))

see ya all next week :D

WooKie

Dirty Imports
Hey guys, im a newbie to the site. Went into Bike Addiction today and met Dicky and Squidly. Dicky told me about the site and also about wednesday night. Sounds awesome. Count me in for the next one :)

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Dicky said:
once ppls have been out for a city ride or two, there'll be more thought and effort put into turning up. i know i can be a lazy bastard at the best of times. (and yes i know you know that too squid :))
You've got a perfect case of 'can't be arsed' syndrome!

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Hey guys, what do you think the vibe is like at U of Sydney? Looks like good terrain there... Are they, how you say... "sympatico" with the "bicycletto"?

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Aside from oodles of people its ok apart from buses and poles and things...
That little park round the back wasnt to bad was it squid?

I think we should try that route again next week it worked well and kept all there amused.
Even if i did bitch about the hills.

As for the roatating days in not really a fan but if it'll help spread the word i'll adjust to it.

Im a whinger but i'll still tag along... (No comment from you Squid)

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Techno Destructo said:
Hey guys, what do you think the vibe is like at U of Sydney? Looks like good terrain there... Are they, how you say... "sympatico" with the "bicycletto"?
There is definatley some nice terrain. A HUGE stairgap out the front, some smaller stuff inside, some trialsy skinny bits, drops, loading docks....

I don't know if it is doable as it might be too rough, but next to one of the ovals there the possibility a big hip jump.

Probably not sympathetic to bikes when jumping off things but at night I don't think it would be any worse than other places, just so long as you don't ride infront of the security office.