Sydney: 26th jan, Olympic park "street" ride

Rik

logged out
Righto, this coming Monday is a public holiday, and I thought it'd be nice to get some riding in.
So...
Let's hit Olympic park and its surrounding area!

Meet at the northern side of Strathfield Station at 10:30am.

This station is on the Northern/Western lines, and is fairly busy, so you won't have problems getting there.
The best place to meet would be the north side of the station, the Everton Rd side.
Go up the stairs out of the station (if you have a ramp you're on the wrong side, just go under the tunnel to the other side), when you get to Everton Rd there'll be a pedestrian crossing leading to a big roundabout/island thingy with sheltered chairs on it. If you're on the south side, there'll be a huge mall type thing in front of the shopping centre, that's no good, yet again go under the tunnel to Everton Rd roundabout.
Look for the ugly guys on mountainbikes waiting there.

From Strathfield, we'll ride up through Concord West to Bicenennial Park, cut through their to Olympic Park, and go silly at Olympic Park. There's no use trying to meet at Olympic Park itself as trains are rather irregular (unless you drive), plus you miss out on some fun riding through bicentennial park. If anyone misses out on meeting at strathfield, I guess you can call someone and we can meet you elsewhere.

I plan on riding for a few hours, for those regulars on the city rides I'm having a birthday BBQ/drink thing after our ride so anyone that knows me personally is invited, PM me and I'll give you more details! Of course I don't want any random shmoe to turn up, as you can understand, but as I said, if I know you, you're welcome!

Rik

logged out
It's council cleanup time around my area, if you don't have a .243 I'm sure I can find something you can ride... saw a mad pink 12" bike earlier, that's something you're used to, and your colour too!

Dicky

Punter God
arg i'd be up for that..... but i'm in canberra for a friend's 18th.

do some big wheelies for me

RCOH

Eats Squid
souds like a good day, i will tentatively put my name up for participation...

however

Sun 25th of Jan is my annual australia day/hottest 100 BBQ @ Bronte Park, so Monday could be a recovery day.

Archi

Likes Dirt
can't come, but a word of warning: i was riding there today, and there is some party/celebrations planned there for australia day, so it might be a bit crowded.

naz

Criminally Inane
ill be there for sure, any guys wanna meet up in the city to train out to whoop whoop :p

Rik

logged out
Any train going through the city will stop at Strathfield, trip will take 20 mins or so, so meet at quarter to 10 and you'll be there in plenty of time.

If you wanna drop anything off at my place (such as a change of clothes or beer or inflatable sex toys), get yourself to either Burwood or Strathfield station by 10am and that'll give us more than enough time to go back and forth.

naz

Criminally Inane
RCOH said:
Rik said:
Ahh nice, but still, come anyway, make Monday a recovery ride ;)
Alright, I will come

Naz, what time do you want to meet in town?

ye, wanna meet at town hall stairs at 9/9:30 coz i dont wanna ride all day with a bag

Rik

logged out
OH shit, Drew! I've got a gapped planned out for you, it's <Big Kev> HUUuuggggeeeee, grass landing too.
There's plenty of open space to play in, crowds shouldn't be a big issue, but if they do shit us, we can always cruise the other direction and play in some skate parks.

RCOH

Eats Squid
naz said:
ye, wanna meet at town hall stairs at 9/9:30 coz i dont wanna ride all day with a bag
i will see you there, between 9am - 9:30 am

it'll be cool to check out the new bike

Drop in Drew

Likes Dirt
sweet i'm up for a gap my shock has never worked this good.. only problem is i have to work out my settings again... gap could turn nasty if i don't have them right.

Drop in Drew

Likes Dirt
hmmmmm... depends on what i like riding off stairs... jumping gaps, monoing around on and well just acting like an idiot on..... dually sounds goo unless u can do sick manuals on ur hardtail... i love watching manuals.. actually the most robust bike.. ur kona seems the go.