Syd City Ride Wed night 17th dec

Rik

logged out
No, we don't need leaders, we just need people to be affirmitive in their actions.

Anyway, definate reason to avoid Darling Harbour: nightly carols until christmas, which means too many people and too much security.

kitakishi

Likes Dirt
on topic but off topic.

I got hassled on sunday at darling harbour cause i was on the bouncy bike by "rent a cops".

I've never been on a city nite ride but you guys seemed to have pissed off the folks at darling harbour.

I told the security dudes that I was just riding through and he made a point of mentioning the "crowd of riders" he and his mates have seen on Wednesdays. I pointed out that its probably just some guys having fun.

Not sure if this helps (but just letting you know the effect of your fun :D )

olsson

Likes Dirt
Whoo-Hoo.
Although I have only been on one city ride. it was awesome!
One of the best Street rides ever :D
So being that Wednesday is my last day of school. Hopfully I should be able to ride! Yee Ha!

teamsherman

Likes Dirt
Yeah, guess who's back in the muthaf***ing house, with a new camera ta muthf****ing try out.

Yeah yeah, bad rap i know, im not slim shady. But i do have a new sony handicam miniDV to get some footage on so i might come along on wednesday to get some.

Dicky

Punter God
Rik said:
:shock:
That's exactly what we DON'T want. Thanks for mentioning it.
i second that. I'm also concerned that we've had that effect, and that's something we're going to need to address quickly and actively, regardless of whether or not we're in the wrong, if we want to keep going out and playing every week without having a great long procession of lights, sirens and radio communications following us everywhere.

Unfortunately, there are some individuals in this world who are unable to differentiate between the need for logic and the frantic wielding of a badge in a given situation.

This is not directed at every security guard - just the guy who picked an argument with Rik the other week (now known as everyone's favourite Darling Harbour Power Ranger, for his excellent communication and ego control skills).

And the guy who decided we were deaf and/or ignoring him after he told us off at maccas, simply because another 15 people turned up from around the corner.

While i realise this sounds biased and overly stereotypical (meh), these types of people are employed, not for their ability to consider all aspects of a given situation, present and future, or their ability to tell the difference between 10 cyclists and 25 cyclists, but for their ability to use verbal and physical force, and blind faith in a given set of rules to get a job done.

The guys who can actually think are their supervisors, the ones who ask nicely, and the rangers who regularly get dirty working trail maintenance days on Manly Dam or wherever your local riding area is.

Having said that, if any person holding a relevant position of authority politely asks the 40 or however many of us to move along or walk our bikes through somewhere, i for one am happy to oblige.
The percentage of times they've tried this approach is disappointingly small.

*edited, as it sounded like we weren't buggering off as asked, as opposed to just not being asked*

...and right now, at the exact same time as me posting this, on a website called something like 'www.power-rangers.net': the national forum for security guards, there's some guy posting a rant about all these bloody cyclists who terrorise Sydney once a week, run over little old ladies, and corrupt decent conservative Huffy-owning citizens into crazed extreme adrenaline junkies, hell-bent on destroying everything their wheels touch.

hey guys... do you see any...

- alcohol
- illegal substances
- aerosol paint cans
- harrassment or injury of innocent bystanders (keeping in mind that "hey yeah man, BMX Bandits!!!" comes from a PUNTER, not an innocent bystander)
- damage to public property (other than the odd bashguard to park bench)

- Fubu clothing, approximately 5 sizes too big... couldn't resist...

cos i don't.

but this is how they see us.

Granted, a big crowd of riders would appear threatening to the less adventurous or imaginative element of society -
simply because fear comes most from that which one does not understand.

but hey, it could be worse. We could be Critical Mass...

</rant>

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Hey if this were the states we'd all be shot for insiting a riot... hmmm havent been in a good riot for a while.

Also I need to make an observation. This is going to piss some people off but I feel it needs to be said.
We are by all accounts a good group we give pedestrians a wide berth and when we are hitting stuff up we are always on the lookout.
Most of us do as we are told when treated like humans by power rangers.

What i want to know is how are the other groups that are hitting the city up now acting. There are other groups starting rides on here now.
Im not trying to put you guys down if you are doing em but remember your actions will influence riding on the WHOLE of us guys who ride the city no matter when and where.
Im not telling you off but there are a few school guys on holidays who will be out there and when school comes back they wont come out. Now if somthing major happens its going to wash over onto everyone who rides the city.
This is just a request to be aware to anyone who want to start rides at random outside of wednesday nights.

Thankyou i'll go and put the soapbox back in dickys shed now.

scottair

Likes Dirt
sup dudes i hate all this crap lets ride if we get busted we run or ride they are fat donut eaters who cant catch us
anyway i just watched drift 2 a new race and saw them gap the stairs near the exhibition centre and it looked easy as, so next time we down by there, lets take a moment to have a look a maybe just maybe i might consider giving it a go, just maybe!

BagofSkill

Likes Dirt
Hey folks,

Can I come ride with you guys tomorrow night? Some friends of mine went a couple of weeks ago and had a ball, and then took the rest of us on the route on the following sunday, and it was mad fun. So I'd love to tag along with the group.

That cool?

scottair

Likes Dirt
man u dont have to ask us dude its a free ride, we all just meet at 7 at cook and phillip park across from hyde park and hit up everything in sight
so yeh dude come along but be prepared to go big

BagofSkill

Likes Dirt
Yeah thanks Scott(?), just being overly polite.

I won't be going too big, Still hurting from a DH shunt 2 weeks ago, But I'm bringing my camera. Shouldn't be hard to find some people to go large for the lens...

scottair

Likes Dirt
thats cool dude wont see u tomorrow night but next week u guys will be graced with my presence and i swere that stair gap at the exhibition centre is being done im bringing the fullface u know what happens when i bring the fullface i get angry and i get stupid so who knows maybe some good footage or some good stack footage who knows

Arete

Likes Dirt
Hey guys
I think a little bit of calm is required. If shit is going worse with security, change the route. There's plenty out there to ride.
I am sitting at home, 2 screws in my elbow jealous as all hell. I can't even hold a handlebar, let alone rip a nice drop or jump. Go out have fun and look for new lines in the same places or go and find new ones. The only lines i get to ride are on Dave Mirra BMX 2. Hopefully if the doc gives me the ok I'll be able to pootle along on the road in a few weeks with a camera, but you guys just keep riding and keep having fun.

naz

Criminally Inane
hey bagofskill stay away from scott, he has weird tenedicies, excessive landing both wheels to flat, a cast on his pinky...:p