NSW SWAP ONLY!..Manitou Circus Expert

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
ITEM: Wanted to swap Manitou Circus Expert forks for the same (need longer steerer)
WHERE: anywhere, will cover post
EXTRA: I have a set of Experts with a 160mm steerer, would like at least 10mm longer..swap for same fork with longer steerer or 1 1/8 straight steerer
mine are Circus Experts, 160mm Tapered steerer, 20TA and in great condition
would consider Circus Pro with a cash adjustment if available or Mattoc Expert/Pro
Pics avail for any interested parties.

Last edited:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Probably the obvious question, but have you tried a shorter stack stem?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
there are 4 levels of Circus
sport and comp (comp is in the link you posted), both are pretty basic and quite heavy as they have steel stanchion
the expert and pro have alloy stanchions and much better damping and rebound control and readily available upgrades
short answer...no, but thanks for looking out for me

ausdb

Being who he is
i had a mate who taught engineering at tafe, he had a couple of students turn me 2 on a lathe - could feel it flex with little weight on it, seemed like it neede to be threaded to not wiggle
How long was the spigot that went down into the existing steerer? If it was to be semi permanent then some retaining compound would probably sort it out.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
that would probably work..
the stack height of the stem is 35mm, and I am about 10mm short down into the stem, leaving about 25mm of steerer actually clamped by the stem
If I used this, I could run 10mm of steerer spacers, then the junction of the adaptor and the steerer would be somewhere in the middle of the stem..
saved in my watch list, but will just see if anything else pops up.
Correction: stack height is only 27mm, no stem spacers fitted either!

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
that would probably work..
the stack height of the stem is 35mm, and I am about 10mm short down into the stem, leaving about 25mm of steerer actually clamped by the stem
If I used this, I could run 10mm of steerer spacers, then the junction of the adaptor and the steerer would be somewhere in the middle of the stem..
saved in my watch list, but will just see if anything else pops up.
The stack height of the DMR defy is 27mm !