Suspiciously cheap?

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
Yeah your right, who am i kidding.

I guess being proactive and try to catch these fools is the wrong thing to do right?
Inspecto faulko I'm not saying trying to catch them is wrong thing to do just your plan to catch them might not work...

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I just heard back, this sounds perfectly reasonable:

Hello,

I still have for sale my 2014 Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon SPX AM Bike. I am asking $2000. From the beginning I want to tell you that I left the country a couple of days ago and came to United Kingdom with my work for the Save The Children Foundation. If you still want to buy it, I will pay all shipping fees. Also we can do this in a safe way with the help of an escrow company. They will handle the delivery from United Kingdom to your home since I had to take it with me having no place where to leave it there. The escrow company will give 10 days to inspect it so you can test and see that it is exactly as described in my ad.

Thanks,
Adam

Here is my reply to him:

Hi Adam,

That sounds good, I'd like to proceed. Do you mean that the company will let me inspect the bike before paying for it? I hope this is the case as I do not wish to pay for something sight unseen. I trust you understand.

Last edited:

faulko

Likes Dirt

Hello,

I still have for sale my 2014 Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon SPX AM Bike. I am asking $2000. From the beginning I want to tell you that I left the country a couple of days ago and came to United Kingdom with my work for the Save The Children Foundation. If you still want to buy it, I will pay all shipping fees. Also we can do this in a safe way with the help of an escrow company. They will handle the delivery from United Kingdom to your home since I had to take it with me having no place where to leave it there. The escrow company will give 10 days to inspect it so you can test and see that it is exactly as described in my ad.

Thanks,
Adam

Here is my reply to him:

Hi Adam,

That sounds good, I'd like to proceed. Do you mean that the company will let me inspect the bike before paying for it? I hope this is the case as I do not wish to pay for something sight unseen. I trust you understand.
Still sounds like BS to me.

The old "feel sorry for me as i do charity work" theory.

So a 5-$6000 bike for 2k and he pays shipping, dodgy as.

I hope it works out for you, so long as you front no money till the bike arrives, i guess it cant hurt, dont be surprised if its a plastic toy model.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Still sounds like BS to me.

The old "feel sorry for me as i do charity work" theory.

So a 5-$6000 bike for 2k and he pays shipping, dodgy as.

I hope it works out for you, so long as you front no money till the bike arrives, i guess it cant hurt, dont be surprised if its a plastic toy model.
Scam 100%

Reckon old mate was being sarcastic...

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I was indeed being sarcastic. Alas, the seller isn't doing anything remotely interesting with an age-old scam:

Hello,

The company DPD - Dynamic Parcel Distribution offer a unique escrow service, which provides more security for transaction. Here are the steps we need to take in order to do this (based on what they told me):

1. I will go to a DPD office and deliver the package. They will inspect and test the package content. Than they will send you an invoice with all details (including the result of the inspection, payment methods and delivery time).

2. Once you receive the invoice, you will have 48 hours to send the funds to the DPD manager (they accept bank transfer like all escrow companies). Once they will receive your payment, they will start the delivery of the package and send you a confirmation email with all delivery details, including tracking number.

3. Once you receive it, you will have 10 business days to inspect the merchandise and the option to accept or reject it. If the merchandise is not as described by me, you will receive a Full Refund in 3 business days.

4. If the merchandise is as described by me and you accept it, their manager will send the funds to me.

If you agree with these terms, please email me your complete name,address and phone number so I can go and start the transaction.

Thanks,
Adam

My reply:

Hi Adam,

As I said, I'm uncomfortable with paying for the item before it is delivered. I'm happy to come and inspect it at the escrow depot and if all is in order I will pay for it then. I would prefer to make the payment in cash, if that's OK with you.

God bless

And here's the picture of 'Adam' from his gmail account:

Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 9.21.21 pm.jpg

Last edited:

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I don't think so

[video=youtube;PdwPJX3ThjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdwPJX3ThjI[/video]

The Adam Mitchell in that photo above, and the video, is a "professional martial artist" from New York. For real.

http://www.jinenkandojo.com/d333j333-leadership.html

I wonder if he knows about this maggot using his name and image.

Last edited:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Lol, entertaining. I read an account once of a scammer being scammed - tricky thing to do of course.

English is not the first language of the writer of the email either, I'd guess at Chinese syntax.

redbruce

Eats Squid

Also we can do this in a safe way with the help of an escrow company. The escrow company will give 10 days to inspect it so you can test and see that it is exactly as described in my ad.

Thanks,
Adam

Here is my reply to him:

Hi Adam,

You do know what escrow is dont you?

Last edited:

Nautonier

Eats Squid
You do know what escrow is dont you?
Um, yes. As a third party broker, it's not inconceivable that a client would ask them for some evidence that the product or service actually existed before parting with $2k. Although this is a grey area as usually such transactions are made between trusted parties, who aren't from Nigeria.