Sunn downhill carbon concept

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks, Interesting..

Sunn is back in the game, and showing off their downhill carbon concept bike at Roc d’Azur. They weren’t giving much away with just the bike on display under their ‘Unstoppable’ logo.

With twin discs up front we’re guessing that’s not entirely true.

Here’s the photo’s of the bike until we get more information on what they’re up to…

See - http://singletrackworld.com/2014/10/hot-at-the-roc-sunn-is-back/

Attachments

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Holy fuckballs, that's easily the most undesirable bike I've ever seen.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Imagine the flex on that rear swing arm. Whomever designed that seat/junction has never ridden a bike. Its almost like they forgot to put a seat on, so they got a bottle cage and a saddle and bolted it to the top-tube hahaha

Last edited:

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It was designed in collaboration with Specialized and Cannondale, rumour has it that by 2016 there will be a bike that only has one side.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
One side as in fork and swing arm? That would be interesting. I'd like to see how they manage the drive train and rear brake on that setup.

I think the double disc on the front is a bit of a joke. I'm yet to ride a bike where a single disc can't lock the wheel in an instant nor can it be used to effectively modulate speed - and some of my older rides have been better part of 20kg with me an extra 100kg on top of that. The silliness of it is only even more remarkable when double-disc is added to a lightweight frame.

Laurie01

Likes Bikes
I'm trying to think of a downhill bike from the last 15 years that is less attractive than that and so far cannot come up with any that get close.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I reckon thats on par

Holy fuckballs, that's easily the most undesirable bike I've ever seen.
It looks like it has the worst geometry too but that could be a illusion, id hope it does at least have good geometry for the few people who actually want it.. Really collaboration with spec and cannondale, three well known brands and they come up with this piece.....interesting.

Oh and, What are those rotors doing on that bike? Its downhill bike.
It cant be weight because they decided to add a duel brake up front.....

Last edited:

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Really collaboration with spec and cannondale, three well known brands and they come up with this piece.....interesting.
I wasn't being serious, just poking fun at it's single rear swing arm, Cannondale's leftie fork and Specialize's asymmetrical frame.