DH Sunday finally done 100% complete

• Thread starter Deleted member FN2187
  • Start date
D

Deleted member FN2187

looks nice as!
how did you do the paint job? did you go to someone for it or?
All me. I try to buy the best quality paint and masking tape I can. There's nothing too it really. Just patience and spending the hours in prep work. I still want to do a blue pin stripe on it at some point too.

devil dropper

Likes Dirt
sunday

looks awsome, thats what happens when bike companies go out of business people start designing there own colours and graphics.

placebo

Likes Dirt
Looking good mate,
I think you may have gotten an even better bargain than you thought as that is a 2007 frame at the oldest. It has the 2007+ linkages which eliminated many of the problematic play issues the older style had.

Looking forward to seeing the finished build.

Am also rebuilding an old sunday at the moment, will post pics when complete.
Could still be an older frame. I've got an 05 factory that I bought second hand (in 05?) and fitted the updated links, hardware, and bearings that I got from ironhorse before they failed, because the older hardware was just badly designed and a pain in the arse to live with, even though the frame was going just fine, so the $300 upgrade made sense. I've got some spares from Pearce cycles too, but they weren't doing that stuff back then. It's on its third fork, third shock, second set of hubs, plus the rest, and is running slacker cups. I've had other DH bikes with it, but I've never thought about selling it because it's something that I've thought has not really been improved upon yet. I'd buy another 07+ frame in 19' as a spare if I saw it cheap enough, so I'm jealous of the OP.