Sunburn protection

Jandrew

Squid
Hello Guys,

I did a quick search and did not find what I was after.
I was wondering if anyone has some tips (apart from sunscreen) to help protect your neck when riding from the sun and forehead.

I do not like sunscreen on my forehead as sweat just runs it into my eyes and my neck seems to get burnt easy no matter how much sunscreen I put on. After the Jet Black 24hr in that heat I decided to try and find something.

What do you guys use if anything?
Thanks
James

Squims

Likes Bikes
This bandana from Uno is the ducks guts:
http://www.cyclingsports.com.au/pantani-black-p-196.html
It's great for clowns like me with no hair - gives you a cushioning layer between your head and brain bucket, nice light material so you don't overheat, protects the neck from sunburn and keeps sweat out of the eyes with the terry towelling strip on the forehead!
Can't rate it highly enough but it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Cypher

Likes Dirt
I don't like sunscreen either and try to use as little as possible.

I wear long sleeved shirts and 3/4 pants rated at SPF50 - even on the hottest of days. Sweat is better than sticky.

I bought some riding shirts from Anaconda (Fluid brand), which have a reasonably high neck (I'd prefer higher). They are also pretty breathable and let a lot of wind through (although on those hot days even bare skin is too much, let along a long shirt and pants)

My personally preference is to ride during the low UV period of the day - before 8am and after 5.30pm at the mo'. Sunscreen and clothing are no match for no exposure at all.

Jandrew

Squid
Thanks for the quick replies guys!!

That bandanna looks the way to go. I do have a long sleave jersey already (bought it for that reason to stop sunburn)..
Thankfully my legs seem to be OK with it all.

Cheers
James