Sub 10 Kilo

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Can anyone recommend a 'decent' sub 10 kilo hardtail for under $5,000?

Checked out the Merida 0.9 = $7,999
Cannondale Flash = $9,999

Rediculous!

MATTY R

Likes Dirt
carbon XTC is about $5000 i think. Not sure if it is sub 10kg, but it would have to be close.

What about Felt or GTs?

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Thanks, Carbon XTC1 Advanced SL is looking better. Will check out the Felt and GT's.
Found a few nice Carbon Scotts too. Cheers.

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
-Merida O.Nine 3000-D ~$5,000 (Great Frameset)

-GT Zaskar Carbon ~$3,700 (Decent Frame & Fork, Durable Grouppe and good quality wheels)

-Felt Six Team ~$4,600 (Very Good Grouppe & Brakes, Forks are good, but would be a worthwhile upgrade, wheelset is flawless)

-Fuji SLM 2.0 ~$4,800 (High Quality Frameset, Best spec out of all bikes listed, probably the best value for money)

If it were up to me I would either go the Felt or the Fuji, both are outstanding frames and come well spec'ed out of the box.
However, Judging on price vs spec, the Fuji does take the cake...
Full ritchey WCS, Sid Team and Full XT including wheels, on a super stiff & super light (sub 1000g) frameset, For only $4,800rrp! NUTS!

Pm me if you have any more questions/would like advice.

Cheers,
Hope it helps.
Josh

floody

Wheel size expert
Avanti Competitor 2 would have to be very close to getting in under 10kg and well inside $5k.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Thanks for all your help guys.
Josh, the spec looks great on the Fuji too. Looking like a winner so far.
Let the test riding begin :)

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cannondale flash is well under 10kgs, it's more like sub 8. A sub 10kg bike shouldn't cost more then $5k. Shop around and weigh up the options of changing out some parts if needed. For the 8-10k mark (if thats your budget) you could always go a Scott spark 10, its a 4" dually that's sub 10kgs with full remote lockout.

Shop around, a feather weight wheelset and tyres drops ALOT of weight off a bike and can be bought for relatively low cost.

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
-Merida O.Nine 3000-D ~$5,000 (Great Frameset)

-GT Zaskar Carbon ~$3,700 (Decent Frame & Fork, Durable Grouppe and good quality wheels)

-Felt Six Team ~$4,600 (Very Good Grouppe & Brakes, Forks are good, but would be a worthwhile upgrade, wheelset is flawless)

-Fuji SLM 2.0 ~$4,800 (High Quality Frameset, Best spec out of all bikes listed, probably the best value for money)

If it were up to me I would either go the Felt or the Fuji, both are outstanding frames and come well spec'ed out of the box.
However, Judging on price vs spec, the Fuji does take the cake...
Full ritchey WCS, Sid Team and Full XT including wheels, on a super stiff & super light (sub 1000g) frameset, For only $4,800rrp! NUTS!

Pm me if you have any more questions/would like advice.

Cheers,
Hope it helps.
Josh
You work at Gold Cross?

I was considering the Fuji and came very close to buying it before another option came up, looks very good for the money. Not sure ride wise but you should be able to find some decent reviews around on mtbr or somewhere else.

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You work at Gold Cross?

I was considering the Fuji and came very close to buying it before another option came up, looks very good for the money. Not sure ride wise but you should be able to find some decent reviews around on mtbr or somewhere else.
Sure do, How'd you guess?
Not that I'm biased because of it, point for point the fuji is the best spec'ed, best priced there, not to mention has a frameset weight to contest with scales & o.nines!

evltoy

Likes Dirt
Yep definitely recommend those (as a scale 20 rider). Should be able to pick one up for under 5k id think (i know i did)
I pick up my Scale 30 in a few weeks time.

I have had factory parts replaced with
X0 Twist Grips
XO rear mech
XT cassette
XT Chain
CB Sl egg beaters.
Foam Grips

On paper the bike weights in at 10kg - with the new parts it will be well under 10kg (9.70 - 9.80).
Total cost was under $3500