Stump jumper fsr 29

wintortree

Likes Dirt
Hi I'm looking at getting one of these and just wanna know if anyone has got one/ridden one.

Really interested in how they climb. If they bob or are well balanced.

I'm a pretty aggressive rider as I have a dh back round. And am wondering if you can push hard on this bike. This is going to be my trail bike not a freeride bike. I'm not going to be doing big drops and jumps but I do have a tendency to plow into rock gardens at full pace and roll through. So am interested if the stumpy 29er for the wheels and 130mm travel.

Any thoughts would be nice

crowash

Likes Dirt
Hi I'm looking at getting one of these and just wanna know if anyone has got one/ridden one.

Really interested in how they climb. If they bob or are well balanced.

I'm a pretty aggressive rider as I have a dh back round. And am wondering if you can push hard on this bike. This is going to be my trail bike not a freeride bike. I'm not going to be doing big drops and jumps but I do have a tendency to plow into rock gardens at full pace and roll through. So am interested if the stumpy 29er for the wheels and 130mm travel.

Any thoughts would be nice
Hey Mate,

I own the Epic 29er which has less travel but similar setup. With the brain you'll get as much bob as you need. ie. you can set the rear shock to give when you hit the big stuff but it hardly gives at all if you set it tight. The front shock you could lock out, but I only do this if I'm riding on tarmac as the travel in the front is fairly minimal and you learn to pedal smoother anyway.

I guess it depends by what you mean by push hard, a bike like this should take anything you give to it minus the big drops, can't see any reason why you couldn't keep flying into rock gardens etc The 29er aspect helps with all this and the climbing....

If I had to make a choice again I probably would have gone the stumpy, but I haven;t started racing xc yet.. I'm sure I'll change my mind in the next few months.