Street/Dirt Build

Dante666

Likes Dirt
i didn't think you were talking about me till i looked real close to how you spelt my name. That just made my day.
There, it's edited, happy now?
also, can you explain the rationale in choosing a Kona shred frame instead of a DM Cody?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the intrest guys i just have one more question, with the profile cranks do i just puy regular old bmx ones? because on the profile website they mention a particular size for mtbs

kozlik9

Likes Dirt
There, it's edited, happy now?
also, can you explain the rationale in choosing a Kona shred frame instead of a DM Cody?
No i was going to sig it (witch i now realise i can use my post)

DARTMOOR mate that's Kmart stuff. I see them on the side of the road for garbage pick up days. I wouldn't spit on one.
Konas man thats were its at. Iv i had mine on pre-order for a couple of month's now. Waiting for it to get here from poland. And also that crazy mofo Scott Alleyn from Canada rides one. i love u dartmoor

Last edited:

Dante666

Likes Dirt

DARTMOOR mate that's Kmart stuff. I see them on the side of the road for garbage pick up days. I wouldn't spit on one.
Konas man thats were its at. Iv i had mine on pre-order for a couple of month's now. Waiting for it to get here from poland. And also that crazy mofo Scott Alleyn from Canada rides one. i love u dartmoor
*rolleyes*

tommy-d

Likes Dirt

I didnt see the white until I was about to quote you and call you a tosser! :p

Dartmoor are taking over!

kozlik9

Likes Dirt
Yea i hate me. Cody on its way. If there weren't so many delays it would have been here earlier. lol

tommy-d

Likes Dirt
Yea i hate me. Cody on its way. If there weren't so many delays it would have been here earlier. lol
yeah i got confused when you said about the shipping delays and from poland, i was like konas from poland?? surely not.. You'll love it! such pretty frames

tommy-d

Likes Dirt
yeah i got confused when you said about the shipping delays and from poland, i was like konas from poland?? surely not.. You'll love it! such pretty frames

Hey guys a couple more questions. Firstly does anyone know what size tyre i can run on the cody/velvet?
Also does anyone have any suggestions as to which tyre is the best? I have run microknobbys before and they are good. Also which tubes should i use, look for lightish i.e. not downhill.

Cheers

jackaroo

Likes Dirt
Seat: Eclat Complex seat
This it what I will be running on my next bike, just pick up a shim from CRC to fit the seat post tube;)

Schwalbe Table Top Tyre? they are lite and grippy

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
While everybody is on the subject of Dartmoor, can I ask what the difference between the Cody and the two6 player is?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
While everybody is on the subject of Dartmoor, can I ask what the difference between the Cody and the two6 player is?
I'll field this one.

Main differences is in the geo, frame construction and materials. (they share very little/nothing in common but brand.)

The two6player is the alloy frame that's short and can be used as 4x frame with its aftermarket hanger. It's a stiffer ride and isn't suitable for rigid forks. Is more based for the slopestyle event's then the cromo friend.

The Cody is a premiere cromo frame imploying some of the newest cromo design abilities (eg. its beautiful rear chain stays). It's suitable for both suspension and rigid forks. Being cromo it's alittle more forgiving in the skatepark and dirt jump area. It's super light thanks to some great work by dartmoor. Internal gussets, clever material manipulation and well thought approach leave you with one hell of a nice frame at a great price considering.

re: Tyre size, I'm pretty sure a 2.3" street tyre fits nicely in both the velvet and the rear triangle of the cody. The new one does have different stays to the 09 but I'm positive that there will be ample tyre clearance for such a well designed frame.

and kozlik9's alright, he's just having to wait longer than we all had planned for his very nice new toy unfortunately. :p

Last edited:

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
Thanks mate,

I just wanted to say you are the best salesman I've ever spoken too. A+ product knowledge and a great ability to relay to customers which is a rare trait in sales these days! So thankyou

On the Cody, does it come in a tt length around the 570 mark?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Thanks mate,

I just wanted to say you are the best salesman I've ever spoken too. A+ product knowledge and a great ability to relay to customers which is a rare trait in sales these days! So thankyou

On the Cody, does it come in a tt length around the 570 mark?

Chainstays:380mm Toptube: 573mm HT angle: 70 degrees BB: spanish Seatpost: 27.2mm

Rear hub: 135 x 10 Seat tube: 12" Weight: 2.1kg Colour: black matt, graphite, white.

RRP: $699.00

The Geometry for you mate, and thanks for the kind words. Helps when you're as passionate about bikes as I am, just need to spend more time riding myself again!

Last edited:
Ok guys.....

New problem, DIY are out of X-fusion Velvets for a while....:mad:
So i can either:

a) Wait it out with some crummy forks until i get x-fusions
b) Buy Argyles
c) Buy Pikes
:confused:
Also is there anyway to fit a 20mm hub on a 10mm/QR fork?

Cheers any help would be awsome.:cool:

hartss

Likes Dirt
to above^^
Yes you can get a spacer kit but i think they only go to quick release?

I reckon run some rigids! These will only cost you just over $100 if you look under the forsale section here. Either that or run some crummy forks.

I say this just because of the weight saving of the velvets over you other options. If not too fussed on weight try get some second hand fox32's that have been lowered? These will weigh aroun 1400-1500g so not too bad weight wise!