stp2 -- what forks

shnizza

Likes Dirt
hey guys i have an stp2 07 and i wont to use it for a little downhill not heavy but also use it on dirt jumps and some street and just mucking around on it and i wont diffrent forks (upgrade from dj4) i was thinking pikes as you can change the travel and compression what do you guys think
open for suggestions

thanks in advance

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Cant think of anything that hasnt already been covered already by the umpteen threads on the same topic. Also considering that STPZeros once came with them, I think your idea is as good as anyones. Not much else you could use that would be suitable anyways. I say go for it.

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
search.
i have pikes on mine :), they are mint.
lots of people have argles on their dj bikes these days... worth a look.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Depends how smooth you are. Plenty of people have ridden on 100mm forks DH- didn't Reece Kuhn win NSW HT class last year on some 4-5inch forks? Or have I remembered wrong?

SMIIISH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
argyles would be poo for what your doing.
get pikes. they are great because of the adjustability and compression. they also come on the STP0 so you know they run well on your frame. i own a set of pikes and they feel and ride really well. i would look at a few other forks, just to get an idea, but pikes sound like the best ting for what your looking to do.