Stolen bike retrieval - Crazy American style.

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm glad this guy got his bike back, but Americans scare me a little.

Language warning also.

[video=youtube;9-GVpIaPEGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9-GVpIaPEGM[/video]

What is scary or "crazy american" about it? They didn't hurt him, they didn't even touch him. They just found him, confronted and recorded him, and subsequently got him arrested. A perfect example of a reasonable and non violent way to get justice without committing a felony yourself.

It seems that all this was necessary to get his ass in jail, so good on them.

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
I reckon that was awesome, chalk up one for the good guys!

That thief was very lucky as he was still able to walk and retained his face in the same condition he awoke that morning.

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That was cool! even better when the car got impounded!!

2 years ago when living in Vancouver, my buddy Jeff had his jump bike stolen the week before he was set to drive from smalltown Manitoba to stay with us and go to Crankworks. He had been having some beers at a mates place when it was stolen from out the front. In a town of 3000 people where you grew up, you tend to know a lot of people so he posted it all over FaceHole and the following day he got a call from a friend saying they thought they'd seen a kid riding his bike around town. So Jeff jumped in his car and cruised over to the area and after a few minutes spotted a teenager riding his Specalized P3- but it had been spray-bombed white. He pulled up and got out saying "Hey Buddy, I think you're on my bike!" needless to say the guy decided to get away as quick as possible (on the bike...) and Jeff followed in his mazda 3. The dumbarse kid stuck to the streets (!) and as they were both rounding a corner side by side, the guy looked across and Jeff stared him in the eye and flicked the wheel (and I quote..) "I just layed him out on the road! I dented the car door but I didnt care!". By the time he had got out of the car the theif had legged it off through some houses but Jeff had his bike back...and the paint was still wet! He'd painted EVERYTHING, rotors, stanctions, chain, everything.

The white ended up being a good undercoat for a gloss red spray job and a week later at Crankworks when he told his story to Specialized, they gave him a full P3 decal kit. Also scored a 5.10 shirt...