stinky verse shore

mpdowling

Likes Bikes and Dirt
norcohavoc said:
Stink'ys feel like ur riding a pogo stick down a mtn.

Go the shore.
and your basing this opinion on?

i have ridden many stinkes, and a few shores, the stinky feels nice and solid as does the shore, it come up to you, as everyone else said, but mabey some different advice.

look for sales... on vic mtb or such, you could find a nice stab supreme or another top notch bike, from older years for a cheap as chips price (add new zealand accent :rolleyes: :p )

MORRK_DH

Likes Dirt
Don't like either specially when the stinky uses half the travel... And i've ridden a few... Go the Shore though.

freeridingfreak

Likes Bikes
i ran a norco aline and it was awesome it ran beautiful and the adjustment of the shock was awesome. Get the shore over the stinky even tho the sthinky prob better at corenering

Joe_Dirt

Likes Bikes
LOL everyone quit dissing stinkys everyones like they brake they shit they fat, truth is there a great bike with decent spec (except for the fork) and there burly enough for some harsh as riding. The problem with that blokes stinky was he ran boxxers on it!
Stinkys ride great they corner well go fast and take abuse its just they need to be tweaked to feel good, the shore is a bike that anyone good just jump on and huck a drop. The Stinky needs to be tweak with the right headset fork pressure and shock pressure for the rider but in the end dosent feel like your riding some scientific experiment. Its a solid bike with a simple frame that rides well in most conditions up and down hills.
That said get the shore its better specced and it looks the shiz. I you want a bike u can make love to get the stinky.
I reckon if u want to go for a more "all round" approach and u like the stinky then maybe get a coiler, i love mine.

Joe_Dirt

Likes Bikes
ruckes said:
Get the new gt ruckus idrive7 they pedal better then both of those bikes
Nah dont spec and frame is pretty crapo.I drive is good but u wont a decent bike with it on.

Im going to have to say the stinky. for the sheer fact that it can handle a drop of the side of a mountain, yet its still a possiblity for you to ride back up it on this bike.

hughy_g

Likes Dirt
the shore through and through
way better than the stinky
reasons : looks cooler other than that unknown and going with the majority

hugh

emcgough

Likes Dirt
Butch said:
i've seen this thread for awhile now , and its begining to shit me off , my honest opinion is to go the norco shore ... hell i've owned 4 of them! , my friends brother shaun had a stinky 03 with boxxers and honestly it rode like shit , felt like a tank . i did currently ride a banshee scream .. until my accident , and i gotta admit its a major improvement over shore , but in essence you should be looking at the norco shore , not the kona stinky ( looks like a pregnant whale )

CLOSE THIS THREAD!
Ummmm are you joking? Fair enough if you don't like the Stinky and you would go the shore, but to go on and say that the Scream is a major improvement on the shore (keeping in mind that you called the stinky a tank) is just silly.

I think you're confusing price with performance, they are two different things ;)

hughy_g

Likes Dirt
emcgough said:
Ummmm are you joking? Fair enough if you don't like the Stinky and you would go the shore, but to go on and say that the Scream is a major improvement on the shore (keeping in mind that you called the stinky a tank) is just silly.

I think you're confusing price with performance, they are two different things ;)
this is why we need a poll on this kinda stuff

Butch

Likes Bikes and Dirt
emcgough said:

banshee n stinky . shallow , short and fucking hard at cornering
shore : improved turning circle and mobility , and yet i still have that pride frame on my wall

travel in scream 8 inch dhx
travel in shore 7 inch rc

your damn right there , definatley two different things , and what reason did u think i got a scream for ?

Atomikryder

Likes Dirt
i would go the shore rather than the stinky i have had a go of both of them and the shore is alot better the stinky feels strange in the back end compared the the shore

p.s Norco make better bikes than Kona anyway they seem to handle alot more

sammy boy

Likes Dirt
wbrown said:
he actually means this one, but i would still say the shore
there we go, thats better geometry, definantly go the shore that would be much better than the stinky

DownhillerDeano

Doesn't want a custom title!
andy73 said:
Is it just me or does the geometry on those Norcos look bizarre? How steep is that head angle and how cramped would that cockpit be. Give me the easy geometry of a Stinky any day.
Nah, it's just the way the pics. have been resized or some resolution bizzo for the net. They look wey different in real life. And yes, the cockpit does look small but after sitting on various VPS duallies at Brunswick St., they feel great. But yes, the head angle is quite steep.

Regards
Dean