Step Up

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Anyone ever seen someone not make it? Would be pretty painful. Didnt see anyone stack it when nationals were there.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He hit it with plenty of speed but went off to the right a little. I did the same thing when I first did it.

If you're unsure about the line, stand on top to the boulder and leave a glove or something on the line you want to take so you know where to aim for.
Thanks for the tip, i reckon ill hit it next time i am out there, it looks pretty easy, the worst would be to smack into the landing

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You won't, unless you're going so slow you need pedal up the kicker you'll be fine. I've landed it plenty of times where my front wheel hits the upside of the rock, you still make it.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You won't, unless you're going so slow you need pedal up the kicker you'll be fine. I've landed it plenty of times where my front wheel hits the upside of the rock, you still make it.
Does that mean i need to pedal up the kicker even if i am going fast? I assume you need to pedal from where that mini drop onto rocks is?

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You shouldn't need to pedal up the kicker at all.

You're over thinking it, seriously, just hit it and if you come up short, just bail. You'll never smack into the boulder, you can't over shoot it... It's just another jump.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You shouldn't need to pedal up the kicker at all.

You're over thinking it, seriously, just hit it and if you come up short, just bail. You'll never smack into the boulder, you can't over shoot it... It's just another jump.
Sounds good. I reckon i will just have to wait for my flat pedals ;) oh and i am really happy because i just got my bike back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

my_bike

Likes Dirt
^^^
I think h wont be doing the step-up anymore as he sold his DH rig to my understanding.
Kizzmtb did you end up hitting the step-up?

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^^
I think h wont be doing the step-up anymore as he sold his DH rig to my understanding.
Kizzmtb did you end up hitting the step-up?

Na not yet, i was out there with mum and was considering hitting it and she said, not until you get your full face. I will keep practising getting a good amount of speed

domtigani

Likes Dirt
it is literally one of the easiest things on the track just pedal!!
in saying this i think a good warning (i learnt this a sketchy way) is to just be careful that as you pedal around the slight left corner that leads into the launch, watch your toes on your inside foot!!!
theres a little lump in the ground that always seems to line up with one of my cranks every time. but in saying that, it is super easy and will save you a good amount of time in a race for sure. kill it! :)

yakuza type R

Likes Dirt
from the video's it looks piss easy, jus hit it with speed mate, doesnt look like u have to pull up on the bars at all, jus hit with speed. you'll be rite

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
from the video's it looks piss easy, jus hit it with speed mate, doesnt look like u have to pull up on the bars at all, jus hit with speed. you'll be rite
Kicks you up enough so dont need to much. When i did it, first time i tried i cleared stepdown before it sweet and rolled into it and Preloaded up. Was all sweet..
Just depending on speed. For your first go Just give it a few cranks and Walahhh...

ya_frizz

Likes Dirt
it's very easy...
aslong as you land the step down before it nicely and come out with speed, peddle a bit after it you've got it

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hit it today for the first time!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Was so easy, It just looks scary,

Just pedal from the top near the mini drop and then roll over the step down and pedal to the step up

azarawr

Likes Dirt
I've seen this question asked about 4 times in this threat and never answered HAHA.
Has anyone ever stacked on it? (rolled back, jumped too short ect)

Cheers.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I've seen this question asked about 4 times in this threat and never answered HAHA.
Has anyone ever stacked on it? (rolled back, jumped too short ect)

Cheers.
There is no hole there to fall into. You land on the top of the up ramp.