Steel regret

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Cotic Jeht at this stage
The Cotic BFE and a lot of the other frames around this level always seem to come in at $1050 with shipping.

Would like to swap out this Nukeproof Scout frame for a steelie but cant be assed with customs stuff.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You'll know @Tubbsy

Are Paradox owners here running them predominantly as 29 ? Anyone riding them 27.5 ?
Mine sitting on 27.5" right now, running 2.6" tyres and over forked. Not ridden it on a trail yet.
It'd be better I'm sure on 2.8" tyres but I really don't like them. I find them draggy and imprecise.

Banshee told me not to overfork it and then different views on whether to run 27.5" wheels at 2.6".

I paid for it, I'll do what I want with it.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Cotic BFE and a lot of the other frames around this level always seem to come in at $1050 with shipping.

Would like to swap out this Nukeproof Scout frame for a steelie but cant be assed with customs stuff.
I bought the BFE Max that @kten was selling on here last year.
It's so good I suddenly wanted something dual suspension in steel, then Cotic conveniently released the Jeht.

There's definitely a ride quality that is very grin inducing and it seems like the Jeht will tick a lot of boxes

ozzybmx

I bought the BFE Max that @kten was selling on here last year.
It's so good I suddenly wanted something dual suspension in steel, then Cotic conveniently released the Jeht.
Have you ordered a Jeht ?

The Scout is the first 27.5 bike I have ever owned, I like the differences from a 29 which make it easier to select the bike for certain rides, shorter wheelbase, turns sharper and the fact its a HT. Suits my evening rides around local trails better than the big bike or gravel bike.

Last edited:

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What do you called over forked ? What would you prefer.
160mm. I read when it was first released it could take that, then not long after it was reduced to 150mm. By then I'd already bought the forks.

At 29" it feels lovely, and with the STA as steep as it is, it'd make the weight on my hands something to get used to with a shorter travel fork.

I'm not riding it to a level where it'll shear off the head tube (he says - damning himself to Hell in one sentence!):oops:

As I said, I've not ridden it with 27.5" wheels aside from around the driveway. Having too much fun on the FS bikes but will have to give it a pedal on the trails soon enough.

ozzybmx

I see the BC Podsol is back in stock. 29" Alu HT with fat welds. Good price at $580au.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
I see the BC Podsol is back in stock. 29" Alu HT with fat welds. Good price at $580au.

Trust ze germans to offer only black or beige. But at only 500 dollarydoos, I guess you'd just rattle can it.

ozzybmx

Trust ze germans to offer only black or beige. But at only 500 dollarydoos, I guess you'd just rattle can it.
Theres a good review here from only a week ago. They are just back in stock and didn't last long the last time, if they were 27.5 I would probably buy the sand/beige.
Interesting they are only around 1880g for the frame so should build up quite lively.
Could probably work with 27.5 but kind of want steel.

Reactions: PJO

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whoops, should’ve mentioned it’s an old pic.

She’s quite fond of it still and I want it back

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Sounds familiar.......

Went the way of Hifi's slide tho.