Statement / Kranked 5 @ Sea Otter

belly_up

Likes Dirt
For those of you who weren't already aware, this weekend sees the premier of what should be two of this years big MTB films, Statement, and Kranked 5. The premier screening takes place on this Saturday night, to coincide with the Sea Otter classic, in Monterey. All of you not fortunate enough to be in Monterey on Saturday will have to check out the trailers for Statement, (produced by Invictus Productions) and Kranked 5, (produced by Radical Films) and wait until the DVD's hit the store shelves.
Farkin hopes to have a copy of Statement here soon after the premier, so that we can bring you a review ASAP.

Get the trailers here:
Statement teaser - low res, 2.86mb, Windows Media
Statement teaser - high res, 8.78mb, Windows Media
Kranked 5 teaser - one size fits all, Streaming, Quicktime req.

Keep Riding,

Belly_up

Ryan

Radministrator
Statement looks sick, loving those big natural kickers they're hitting up and that's gotta be some of the best helmet cam footage I've yet seen in an MTB vid. *drool* Thor Wixom knows his sh*t, can't wait to see the full version in all it's DVD glory. Kranked 5 trailer just confuses me, more shots per second than I've ever seen anywhere, it's enough to give a man a seizure, should come with a warning.

DOM

Eats Squid
Statement

yeah just checked out statement
looks pretty good - any big names in that movie ?

I like the rider cam aswell. Specially the bar spin moves.

Sarah Wixom

Cannon Fodder
It is good to hear that you guys seem to enjoy the teaser for Statement.

belly_up, a screening DVD copy of Statement is on its way.

DOM, The stars of Statement include; Chris Duncan (recent BMX crossover and cover of FLOW issue #3), Russ Morrell, "Sic" Vic Marlow, Lance Canfield, Danny Swan, "Dangerous" Dan Cowan, Eric "Stack" Burgon.

You will also see appearances by; Kris "Krispy" Baughman, Tyler "Super T" Klassen, Cory Leclerc, Darren Berrecloth, Robbie Air Bourdon, Aaron Chase, Kyle Ebbet, Doug Fink, Cedric Gracia, John Jesme, Shaums March, Camoren McCaul (UFC 2003 runner-up), Robbie Miranda (BMX crossover), Eric Porter, Timo Pritzel, Richie Schley, Kyle Strait, Thomas Vanderham, Dave Watson...and more!

You should be able to pick up Statement at your local bike shop.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this rider cam stuff.... I've seen it done before... but from the trailer it appeared to be done very well in comparison to other films.

Sarah Wixom

Cannon Fodder
Pana said:
awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this rider cam stuff.... I've seen it done before... but from the trailer it appeared to be done very well in comparison to other films.
The rider cam in Vic's section happens to be my favorite part of the whole movie. I am not a fast rider and so I had no idea what it felt like to fly through a canyon like a racer...until we sat down to watch footage right after Vic flew down the "love canal" at bootleg canyon. I just sat there with my jaw dropped. It felt like a scene from star wars. I kept asking Vic "Does it really feel like that?"
I don't know that any other footage that Thor or I have shot has ever made me wish so badly that I could really ride, and ride really fast for that matter.
When you see Vic's full section in Statement, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.