Starcircle Cyclone v brake wheelset bargan

Cletus

Likes Dirt
hey guys, anybody looking for a cheep set of wheels for there v brake equiped xc bike?
i just thought i'd give those interested a heads up as theres a guy selling these wheels on ebay for cheep as. i bought mine for $107+ $20 post for the pair and ive just put them through about 80 km's of abuse over the last few days and they've come up trumps.
the wheels are definatly a copy of the mavic crossmax and are of great quality with the sealed bearing hubs and the straight bladed spokes just like the crossmax.
the braking surface has a great finish and the wheel build feels as stiff as my sun rhino lite uha wheelset.
if anybody is up for a new set of wheels i suggest you check em out.

here's a few pics of mine:D
p.s. im in no way associated with the seller of these wheels, just stoked i got a set.

Attachments

cdfeto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shit that sounds like a bargain! Do you have a weight fro them?
Further testing has to be done, but they sound awesome. Do you have a link?

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I had a set of Mavic 228s lined up on ebay a week back and my mate told me to hold out because he saw these...i was wrapped but then i found out they are only V-brake rims...still, they look awesome and are very nicely priced...They are the ones with the Novatech Sealed hubs right?

Do you reckon they would take a disc hub or are they strictly V?

Cletus

Likes Dirt
hahaha that link goes straight to an arcitecture(sp?) site.
unfortunatly these wheels are v brake only but i did see some other great looking starcircle wheelset that was disc only, but looked more intended for dh/fr.
as for weight....... i have no idea, it does say how much they weigh on ebay if you want to know. and yes these are the ones with the novateck sealed hubs.

just got back from a quick stint at my local hill for about 1/2 an hour and they still feel sweet. im taking them to the 8 hour at darks forest squashed frog trail this weekend for the ultimate test. i'll keep you posted:D

Cletus

Likes Dirt
none taken, there not crazy light (though i would'nt trust a dh wheelset this light) but they are noticably lighter than my ryno lite UHA wheelset with LX hubs.