Stans Neo hubs

rstim

Likes Dirt
Hi all
Anyone using the Stans Neo hubs I've been looking at wheelsets recently for my Nukeproof Mega and saw the Stans flow S1, which come with them. Wanted to see if anyone's got some long term use on them to test reliability and ease of servicing.
Or am I bet off getting something with hope hubs.

Cheers
Tim

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all
Anyone using the Stans Neo hubs I've been looking at wheelsets recently for my Nukeproof Mega and saw the Stans flow S1, which come with them. Wanted to see if anyone's got some long term use on them to test reliability and ease of servicing.
Or am I bet off getting something with hope hubs.

Cheers
Tim
I've got some Arch Mk3 rims with neo hubs and after 4 months they are all good! I've had 2 sets of Arch Ex with hope hubs and they were also good but the rear bearings were shot after 2 years (which isn't too bad). It comes down to which bearings they use in the end! One thing I will say is the Mk3 Arch/ Neo were much better built than both sets of Arch/hope wheels I've had. The spoke tensions on the latter were all over the place!

moorey

call me Mia
Heard nothing but positives from people I know who've tried them....but given a choice, would never not Hope. Shame that they just don't seem to be continuing hope/Stans hoops now that hope are doing own rims.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heard nothing but positives from people I know who've tried them....but given a choice, would never not Hope. Shame that they just don't seem to be continuing hope/Stans hoops now that hope are doing own rims.
I was thinking of getting the Hope 35W wheelset until I read all the shit reviews on CRC. Rims appear to be weak as piss!

moorey

call me Mia
I was thinking of getting the Hope 35W wheelset until I read all the shit reviews on CRC. Rims appear to be weak as piss!
I've got a set, and two guys I know have them. They have pounded them without any problems. My 11-year-old son dented mine first ride out of the box. Admittedly he is also smashed arch and flow rims in the last few months, which I've never manage to do in about six years riding them. That said, i'm a little disappointed in them.

Minlak

custom titis
I've got a set, and two guys I know have them. They have pounded them without any problems. My 11-year-old son dented mine first ride out of the box. Admittedly he is also smashed arch and flow rims in the last few months, which I've never manage to do in about six years riding them. That said, i'm a little disappointed in them.
Its only because he is bigger than you........

rstim

Likes Dirt
Sounds like they might be worth a try then the rims are supposed to be stronger than a mk3 Flow with a slight weight disadvantage. I was just unsure of the hubs but sounds like they could be alright.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk