St00pid Spelling

wryan89

Squid
no i saying you should look at the word but not the way its spelt if its incorrect then you might just skip over it and not notice that they have screwed up the word.
i have to agree there. while you may be a good speller not everyone else is. i don't think its necessary to rip on people for bad spelling, but msn talk shits me right up the wall.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
no i saying you should look at the word but not the way its spelt if its incorrect then you might just skip over it and not notice that they have screwed up the word.
Yeah i comptlty agree, I can pretty much guarrantee that every second one of my post's has a spelling mistake in it, i am a sketchy typer, and speller.
But you can still understand the majority of them.. Its when every single word is spelt horrible, there is no joining words, every word ends in Z or a !!!shiftone!? that it becomes a problem.

Last edited:

NiK TyLeR

Likes Dirt
i agree with sawtell or you can all do what i did and get firefox =D its got a built in spell check even for post message boxes so you can do spell check (its even got the red underlining stuff that word had) so yall who cant spell propperly like me get firefox

wombat

Lives in a hole
See this is my point.
We've said it before and I'll say it again: it's not about crucifying people because they made a typo, we all do it. What we want to see is a bit of care taken with the language used in posts, as without coherent language the post itself is worth less Grip's strip show.
In my opinion, the use of punctuation is probably more important than perfect spelling in getting a point across.

What it comes down to is that these forums are textual communication, so if you're going to bother trying to communicate then put in that little extra effort to ensure that it makes sense; if you're not willing to then don't bother posting at all.

Twelve

Likes Dirt
you have a point there but as long as you can read what it says i think its fine to spell incorrectly but good thread;)cheers

dolsa

Likes Dirt
sms language

I have no problem with people using some sms language but when it gets out of hand a senior member needs to step in and tell them to clean up their act. I think the majority of farkin members do the right thing and respect the rules however with the expansion of the site it is going to be increasingly difficult to stop people using this language and we will have to rely on peoples respect for the sites rules or otherwise see a downhill turn for farkin.net

Please obide by farkin rules and do not use exessive sms language to the point where it is un readable