St Ives/ Warrimoo Dh condition/status?

Luke_Donno

Likes Bikes
Yeah I was there Today aswell..

Was there today, it's pretty good, a bit sandy but generally in really good condition as per usual
firstime at warrimoo today, awesome track, i was on the white and blue norco shore 3 wearing 661 pressure suite, what were you riding?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
firstime at warrimoo today, awesome track, i was on the white and blue norco shore 3 wearing 661 pressure suite, what were you riding?
A big sign with "DH track here" written on it, and the address.
On the back it said " I don't dig or repair, I just ungratefully thrash other peoples tracks, and post videos with the address on pink bike".

Last edited:

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
A big sign with "DH track here" written on it, and the address.

Warrimoo is an official trail, open to the public.

Why?,Sustainable build,safe jumps,working with council to make official.

We need more DH, hiding trails is not helping, its only hindering.

How are land managers going to be convinced we need more trails when, nobody knows about the sustainable legal ones are.

If you know of a sustainable DH trail in your area, do your best to get everyone behind it and make it official.

No Skid Marks

How are land managers going to be convinced we need more trails when, nobody knows about the sustainable legal ones are.

If you know of a sustainable DH trail in your area, do your best to get everyone behind it and make it official.
Yeah, that's what it says on my other shirt, it was dirty from digging.
All jokes aside, I wasn't sure it was legal yet.
NO TRAIL IS SUSTAINABLE WITHOUT MAINTENANCE, especially if you attract everyone with a bike to ride it. Bring your shovels kids, repair what's damaged, do not alter, just repair, ride, enjoy.:cool:

Last edited:

jrewing

Eats Squid

Who maintains this legal track? Council?

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Who maintains this legal track? Council?
Local riders maintain the trails they ride for themselves and those that may visit. it workes both ways.

If you damage a trail,fix it.

You cant really say that you are into DH unless you "maintain"

Yeah, that's what it says on my other shirt, it was dirty from digging.
All jokes aside, I wasn't sure it was legal yet.
NO TRAIL IS SUSTAINABLE WITHOUT MAINTENANCE, especially if you attract everyone with a bike to ride it. Bring your shovels kids, repair what's damaged, do not alter, just repair, ride, enjoy.:cool:
It's not legal though? Last I heard the council hasn't approved it, they just put up some signs up to warn people that the track is dangerous and to enter at your own risk. I'm happy to help maintain the track if the builders want help, but I don't want to touch anything myself and accidently make it worse...

haltz

Likes Dirt
What's a trail with out a big NO DIG, NO RIDE. Sign? Haha if you just fill in case marks or ruts even just take a rake and rake up a berm it's only gonna make your days riding more enjoyable and you won't be doin anything that gonna hurt the trail. I havnt gotten down to either trail yet unfortunately but when I do I'll be takin my shovel it's common courtesy ayyyy Good times everybody.

No Skid Marks

What's a trail with out a big NO DIG, NO RIDE. Sign? Haha if you just fill in case marks or ruts even just take a rake and rake up a berm it's only gonna make your days riding more enjoyable and you won't be doin anything that gonna hurt the trail. I havnt gotten down to either trail yet unfortunately but when I do I'll be takin my shovel it's common courtesy ayyyy Good times everybody.
Quoted for truth.

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
This guy gets it. I applaud you good sir, just wish everyone had the same mindset...

Luke_Donno

Likes Bikes
I do repair trails...

This guy gets it. I applaud you good sir, just wish everyone had the same mindset...
I repair and build trails around my area but its a 1h 15min drive to st ives and no one else that was there was repairing. If i lived closer i would certainly pitch in and do my bit.

myztic_man

Cannon Fodder
Hey, I know this is an old post but rode st Ives for the first time today (sorry, I didn't take a shovel but I did clear a number of rocks and branches from the berms etc) just wondering however, what's the best way to get back up? I pushed my bike back up the track(s), but it was scary because in most places if someone was coming down I sold get about 0.2s to react and move, where do the gravel roads go that are down the bottom?

breynolds

Likes Bikes
Walk the track

Hey mate.

Sadly the best way is the track.
That gravel road is an effort and uphill.
Riding therefore is not possible. It spits you out down the main road before turning into the oval maybe a kilometer away.

Walk up the track. There are a few old lines too which will be safer.
Just have to keep your head and listen.

Also, walking up helps you find your lines which is especially important for warimoo given its a forest haha

Hope that helps