squeaking brakes

Trickymac

Likes Dirt
please help
bought bike new, its a cannondale with a lefty, squeak coming from brake disk/pad since new, thought it was warped rotor so bought new rotor, still squeaked, then due to upgrades have bought new brakes, so in all new rotor and new brakes (shimano xt's) still fucking squeaks, i have tried repeated bombs down hills jamming on brakes to wear down pads...still squeaks, i have taken pads out, pushed back rotors, put back in still squeaks, anyone anymore ideas? oh and ive even pulled out the pads and rubbed them on rough concrete
its doing my fucking head in
see video link below
http://s813.photobucket.com/user/mattc7-4/media/IMG_1507_zpsd294f34a.mp4.html

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
From that video , your disc isn't centred in the caliper. The centre f the disc should line up perfectly with the join in the caliper, that seems to be on the lefty side f the caliper.

Sound does remind me of glazed pads however, which as moorey says is all about bed in procedure - read up on bedding in.

scblack

Leucocholic
They're not bloody Avid Elixir R SL are they? I had them and they actuated by squeaking. Sold them off quick smart. Worked very well but could not live with them.

Trickymac

Likes Dirt
i thought i bedded the fkers in well, i have a nice long downhill street, anyway ill start again
how long am i boiling/cooking the fuckers for?

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had to replace the pads on my XT's that came with my Trek fuel 29er. Couldn't get rit of the squeak from the rear, cleaned and burnt twice rotor + pads. Rear pads must have picked up a small rock or something similar and created a very small hole in the pad it's self, (can supply a pic if anyone is interested). First ride with the new pads today, no noise at all.