Sport Science Research - Newcastle and Central Coast

dwnhil4thewin

Likes Dirt
Hi all,

I'm currently putting together a series of research studies for my PhD in sport science with a focus on mountain biking physiology.

I'm looking for expressions of interest from well-trained cross country athletes who would be interested in participating in these research studies.

The testing sessions will require high intensity cycling in both field and laboratory situations. At this stage the plan would be to knock over all of the testing sessions in a single block of 7-10 weeks with about 6 x 1 hour sessions required in that time period. At this stage they will be at the central coast Uni campus but may be able to do Newcastle depending on numbers.

I know this is a big ask for most racers but am looking for expressions of interest to see if we could get numbers. We will be working with participants to make sure that testing is during a time of year that doesn't impact your training practices and racing too much (although all sessions will be cross-country specific and at high intensity and could potentially be used to substitute a training session).

Participants will also be given access to free VO2max testing, AIS power profiles, blood lactates etc and pretty much any other performance testing you would like to do.

If you might be interested in participating in the studies, please send me a message.

EDIT: See poster below for one of the current research studies at UoN. Please contact me if you are interested in participating.

Last edited:
PhD

Hi

I am a Sports Physician and part of a loose network of MTB riders of varying abilities. I'm interested in your subject, having previously researched and spoken on the topic. I will be happy to have more discussion. Do you have a phone contact?

Hi all,

I'm currently putting together a series of research studies for my PhD in sport science with a focus on mountain biking physiology.

I'm looking for expressions of interest from well-trained cross country athletes who would be interested in participating in these research studies.

The testing sessions will require high intensity cycling in both field and laboratory situations. At this stage the plan would be to knock over all of the testing sessions in a single block of 7-10 weeks with about 6 x 1 hour sessions required in that time period. At this stage they will be at the central coast Uni campus but may be able to do Newcastle depending on numbers.

I know this is a big ask for most racers but am looking for expressions of interest to see if we could get numbers. We will be working with participants to make sure that testing is during a time of year that doesn't impact your training practices and racing too much (although all sessions will be cross-country specific and at high intensity and could potentially be used to substitute a training session).

Participants will also be given access to free VO2max testing, AIS power profiles, blood lactates etc and pretty much any other performance testing you would like to do.

If you might be interested in participating in the studies, please send me a message.

dwnhil4thewin

Likes Dirt
Have included a research poster for one of the current studies at UoN for those that were interested. Please see original post.