Specialized Enduro or Stumpjumper (2013)

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
I have a 2007 Sworks eduro and loving it, bought it second hand, but the thing is great for climbing and i was coming from a hardtail, and decends awesome, so much fun, just needs to be riden a bit more then it currently is, would love to upgrade tot he new model just funds dont allow at this stage.
Yes would be a tough decision and I suppose depend on what your used to. One of the guys a ride with rides a 2011 or 2012 enduro and he climbs well on it and leave me for dead on teh downhill bendy bits.

ozimad

Likes Dirt
I was tossing over a 2013 sworks enduro or 2012 stumpy evo carbon.. Decided on the Stumpy a its more than capable for my type of riding..

I changed the forks to the 34's brakes to the X0 Trail and wheels..

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I was tossing over a 2013 sworks enduro or 2012 stumpy evo carbon.. Decided on the Stumpy a its more than capable for my type of riding..

I changed the forks to the 34's brakes to the X0 Trail and wheels..
How are you finding the 34s, I'm thinking of doing the same on my Stumpy. What are the noticeable improvements over the Revs? Do they come in a 20mm axle?

Zam

Likes Dirt
Yes would be a tough decision and I suppose depend on what your used to. One of the guys a ride with rides a 2011 or 2012 enduro and he climbs well on it and leave me for dead on teh downhill bendy bits.
Yeah i went this option as i got it for an awesome price and i weigh around 100kg and 6'1", so not the lightest rider going around, plus i like riding hard, especially downhill so thought this option would be the best even though the majority of riding i do is more XC stuff.

dasher.11

Likes Bikes
Went for 36ers on my stumpy evo, was running the stock revelations and thought they were okay but now that I've made the change I dont think I would go back!
Its just so stable on the descents and still climbs really well (I bought a set of talas but never really change travel)

I would definitely recommend the upgrade!

Attachments

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
If anyone is selling there stumpy to upgrade next year let me know, Id love a new one but can't afford it.

rj-c

Squid
$3090 was the price for cash that i was given. I am really enjoying it and cant really fault the bike. Probably the brakes are the only weak point. Im considering at a set for Formula The Ones atm... just waiting on a price back. The front fork should have probably been a 34mm from factory but in saying that the RL does perform pretty good. I will upgrade it in the future but im in no huge rush.

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
$3090 was the price for cash that i was given. I am really enjoying it and cant really fault the bike. Probably the brakes are the only weak point. Im considering at a set for Formula The Ones atm... just waiting on a price back. The front fork should have probably been a 34mm from factory but in saying that the RL does perform pretty good. I will upgrade it in the future but im in no huge rush.
Ok lookingat other bikes in the same category it really is pretty good value.

ozimad

Likes Dirt
How are you finding the 34s, I'm thinking of doing the same on my Stumpy. What are the noticeable improvements over the Revs? Do they come in a 20mm axle?
Mate they are great. Its a 15mm which is good for the original wheels. It makes a masssive difference on stability.
Here is mine
photo 1.JPG

Last edited: