South Australian girls

Cubie

Squid
Hey girls,

I'd love to get an idea of who's out there and riding - my male friends claim to occasionally glimpse flocks of females and I'm sure they're not lying. I also know that there are ladies who race - more in the XC than DH I believe.

My only riding lady friend has moved to NSW so I'm all alone with my big fast man friends... Are there any weekend riders who would be interested in catching up and having a muck around? Any type of riding, I'm not fussed. Craigburn, Fox or Kuitpo might be places that would work.

El

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Hey girls,

I'd love to get an idea of who's out there and riding - my male friends claim to occasionally glimpse flocks of females....

El

*waves* i'm out here riding but BMX more so than MTB. i commute on my hardtail but i'm not up (physically) yet to a decent XC ride due to various injuries. still trying to get some of the women in our clubs on the track....having said that, we get a few hardtails gating with us at Cross Keys on a Monday and Wednesday night. it's fun :D Tomorrow (Saturday) we'll be racing at Tea Tree Gully Bmx track, i think from about 11am - it's a bit rough on the surface but id a fairly decent configuration for a hardtail.

Al and Ratty from Star Cycles might know of some women riders, apart from that i only know of some regular roadie rides going on in the city. i'm pretty new here, myself :fat:

Last edited:

Cubie

Squid
Hi hi,

Since I posted this I have made one or two lady friends, mainly just meeting people at trail building and events . That said, BMX looks very very fun so I can't imagine it will be too long before I join you there. Tell me more about these Monday / Wed rides?

Come for a XC ride with me when your injuries clear up too!

Oh dear, I'm going to end up with 10 bikes for all the types of riding still to try... I'm new to this but it seems that I just can't get enough riding time :)

Catch you round in little Radelaide

Hey Ladies,

I posted up in the ride planning area but figured I'd try here is well.

I will be in Adelaide for a week in November (10th - 17th) and was hoping to take a day out and rent a bike and head out onto some local trails. It would be cool to meet up and ride with some locals (guys and/or girls)

I ride both DH and XC (well, shore style XC) here in BC and am a pretty solid rider.

~Jaclyn

Norco Maniac

Is back!
BMX looks very very fun so I can't imagine it will be too long before I join you there. Tell me more about these Monday / Wed rides?
sorry i missed this earlier! this Sunday (tomorrow) from about 9am will be racing at Gawler track and there's usually two or three ladies out there who ride MTB's as a class. if you have a chance, come on down, i'm in the Cruiser Challenge class, tailing the field as usual :D

hop onto the Cross Keys BMX Facebook page for gates/racing details, and also there's a few lads who ride hardtails at Happy Valley.

hope to catch you out there :)