DH Something Revolting

Hamo

Likes Dirt
Well, I was talked into buying an Evil Revolt, I parted out a Glory DH1 and changed a couple of parts around, blew my budget but I'm still smiling!

Basic Specs are:
Frame: Evil Revolt M , flipchips set up in the slack position, head angle on steep position. (will be playing around with this)
Fork: Boxxer Team
Shock: Fox RC4 w/ 300lb spring
Cranks: Saint 165mm, 38T Raceface chainring.
Bars: Sunline 745 Red Anodised
Stem: Holzfeller
Chainguide: MRP G2
Front wheel: Giant Hub on Equalizer rim
Rear Wheel: Hope Pro II laced to Mavic 721 (thanks Jack456)
Brakes: Avid Elixir R W/ 203mm rotors F+R
Shifter: X9
Rear Der. Mid Cage X9 (Would like short cage, ran out of money)
Seatpost: Giant
Seat: Tundra

Sorry I couldn't get some nicer pictures, but I thought I'd take some nicer ones out by the trails in her natural environment!
I can't give a ride report yet, will be taking her out tomorrow!

Attachments

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love the Revolt frame. Not sure what it is about them, but they are one 'awesome' looking bike.

Do get back to us on how it rides, would be curious. Enjoy it though.

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am going to "flip my chips" too and raise the BB height. I feel its to low and I am dragging pedals to often.

As for setup and stuff, check out this on ridemonkey, its full of awesome need to know info - CLICK HERE

Would love to know your shock setup etc. I also have a 300lb srping, find it way to soft, but people keep telling me its ok...

Harry14

Likes Dirt
hey "ToranaJudd" iv seen wheelsets like this before but i dont know the name or anything would you be able to enlighten me
by the way they are two of the nicest bikes iv seen, love the frames they look so smexy.

Hamo

Likes Dirt
I'm running the 300lb spring, which is a tad too hard for me, I think I'm running only about 20% sag, with no pre-load on the spring and 125 PSI in the air chamber. I have a 250lb spring on the way to try out, I have a feeling it could be a little soft, which would leave me stuck in the middle unless I was to fork out for a Ti 275 lb spring. I'm running no HSC, and I think 4 clicks of LSC. The bike pedals amazingly well, this is what really stood out for me, although it's a tad over-sprung for my weight, It's still great at pedaling running no LSC or HSC at all on the shock. I love the Geometry in the Slack flipchip and steep HT positions, and I haven't played around with this yet. I won't be making it any higher, but I'm going to play around with the head angle. It pops really well compared to my sunday, and loves to go fast, feels much better and more stable in fast sections than my sunday, although the ride is a bit more bumpy (Over sprung on the rear and the fork even with a soft spring feels too hard, will wait for it to bed in. I've taken the bottom out elastomer thing out of the spring and I'm using about 180-190mm of travel only, running no HSC or LSC)
I do notice the brake jack, and I'm having to really think about braking points which strangely I'm really enjoying. I always dragged my brakes way too much and was sloppy with were I was braing on my Sunday, so hopefully this will teach me some lessons!

Even with the hard suspension I'm loving this bike, and it feels like it always wants to go faster and encourages me to stay off the brakes. Hoping I can get the spring rates sorted and it will feel even better!