Some photos from North Vanouver

brad353

Likes Dirt
Here's a few pics from a ride last week up at Mt Fromme, in North Vancouver. Due to it being winter here, only the lower trails are accessible at the moment with the snow. The drop is called "the crater" and is on Lower Ladies Only, and the small jump is on a trail called Bobsled, which is a super fun trail for beginners right through to pro's. Hope you all like. Props to Rory Watson for the great pics.

mt fromme 1.jpg

mt fromme 3.jpg

mt fromme 4.jpg

mt fromme 5.jpg

mt fromme 6.jpg

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I heard it rains a lot there. Ask Rory how his head is after his tumble at whistler??

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I like the shots, but.......

I'm wondering if you should have lit up the camera side better seeing the rider was wearing black, and, not a fan of having light stands in the shot.

You're a lucky bugger to be there shooting. Also, what light stands were you using?

terrible place to live having to put up with snowboarding the winter kayaking the spring and biking the summer what a bummer

Nice shots! I love seeing riding shots with snow on the ground haha...Vancouver in general is a place Id definitely like to visit and ride one day. Your lucky enough to live there, yew!

brad353

Likes Dirt
thanks for the comments. i wish i could tell you what type of lighting equipment was used but i was just the dumb rider. one of the lights was in a soft box though. the fourth shot down was actually the main shot the photographer was going for that day, hence no lights in the image. the third shot down was from an angle i suggested and we just didn't bother moving the lights. i actually like the third one down the best.

and yes, vancouver is amazing for the riding, there's just so many trails to ride it's crazy, not to mention whistler just an hour and a half away. anyone who travels over here to experience whistler is seriously missing out if they overlook vancouver for riding. even in the middle of winter you can still ride the lower trails, and ski or snowboard on the same mountain if you go higher up, pretty cool. i moved over from brisbane for these mountains and definitely haven't regretted it.

also, we made a video a few weeks ago if anyone's interested- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dik1fKmnF4