NSW Sold

marc.r

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys,

Many of you will have noticed last month I sold my girlfriends Genius on here to a lucky new owner. I had heaps of interest which has prompted me to look at selling my beast version!

Item: 2009 Scott Genius, the first year Gen 2 Genius were released, way ahead of their time. Was purchased brand new from a Avanti Plus dealer in 2012. The RRP on these bad boys was $3999 however like the other bike we got it for a steal as it was old year model so I am happy to pass on the bargain. This bike has been SIGNIFICANTLY upgraded from original spec. Its sporting all the latest kit.

Item Condition: Very Good as pictures will attest to. Maintained and washed after each ride. This is a fast and kitted up bike. Ive replaced almost everything on this bike with quality upgrades. This bike has been my baby, all consumables in perfect condition, near new tyres, xt chain, cassette and 2 month old bottom bracket. If something isnt in perfect working condition it gets replaced.

Reason for selling: Soo much interest in my GF's lower spec model that I sold last month has lead me to try the market on mine. Ive recently bought a 29er Stumpy and want to use the money from this to buy some carbon wheels, etc to see if I can convince myself that I really like big wheels. I cant really justify both bikes but I got another bargain on the stumpy and bought it on impulse when I was supposedly shopping for a new bike for the Mrs :doh:

Price and price conditions: $1250 Sold the Mrs bike for $850 however it didnt have the sexy wheels (which are selling for $400+ second hand.

Extra Info: This bike is 150mm front 150mm back. Mid 12kg weight even though its got huge bag on the front! The frame is about as light as you could get for an aluminum 150mm dually. If you wanted to put XC tyres on it you could get this to about 12kg. even 11s if you really tried! This makes it a great long distance trail bike/marathon bike at a silly price.

Fork Its got a 150-130-110 Talas fork that has been serviced by TBSM 6 months ago with low friction seals. Stanctions are perfect. These forks feel fantastic to me. I always wipe down seals and use fork juice on stanctions so these are about in as good condition as you can get. Prob feel better then brand new. Talas function and compression and rebound damping work perfectly. Ive debated swapping this out for something bigger/with through axel constantly but just cant justify it when this works so well.

If you are not familiar it has basically the exact same suspension design as current Cannondale Jekyll that Jerome is piloting to victory in every EWS event. That means 3 travel modes (which all work perfectly) controlled by handle bar mounted switch. Mode 1. Lockout, Mode 2 90mm firmed up compression and rebound Mode 3 Full 150mm. In 90mm mode it is a very effecient climber and in 150mm mode its a good trail bike. I use this setup constantly and this bike really sprints when in 90mm mode with the stiff wheels!

Drivetrain has been completely replaced about in January with Zee kit, Raceface narrow wide, XT 11-36 casette and chain.

Brakes which are Juicys with 180mm rotors both ends. I know avid gets a bad rap from the elixer series (which I dont like either) but as most people who have been around a while will know, Juicy's were a great brake that probobly should have never been discontinued. Ive got current model SLX brakes on the stumpy and I honestly think these are more powerful and have better lever feel. 180mm rotors front and back.

Tyres are about 85%+ tread. Its my dream 26 tyre spec for trail riding. Front is Rubber queen 2.4 black chili edition. This tyre is HUGE but reasonably light and grips like a demon. This tyre blows up to give a bigger bigger then 650b with a racing ralph but with a beautiful round profile. Rear is Ardent Race 2.2 exo tr 3c which is my favourite rear for Sydney conditions, fast rolling and great grip.

Bits and Pieces,
Ergon cork grips
Race Face Atlas 740mm bars.
Hope wheel QRs (way stiffer then regular QR with great closing mech)
Matching Blue Hope seatpost QR clamp (they are just soooo good!/cool/bling).
Comes with spare spokes, hub adapters and hope hub servicing tool.

Last edited:

marc.r

Likes Dirt
Would give my left nut for one of those ethirteen chain-ring bolts!
hahaha they were about $25 bucks a set... more then one should pay for chainring bolts but it had to match!!!

by the way its time for a PRICE DROP!!!

I want this baby gone. I'm in big trouble for spending the money I got for my ladies bike on another for myself and every time she looks at it I get the evil eye!

how about $1100 FLAT Also im happy to pay a $50 finders fee direct debit style to any rotorburn user who suggests this beast to a non member friend who ends up buying!

at $1100 bucks its getting ridiculously cheap and those of you with patience could part this bad boy out and make more lots more than that!

Last edited:

marc.r

Likes Dirt
Now $1000 flat

$1000 flat and its yours.

A set of wheels these exact wheels without tyres disc or casette just sold on rotorburn for $350 in 1 Day. No one knows any bargain hunters or people keen to get themselves an awsome trail bike on the cheap???

Last edited:

DirtyDingo

Banned
I love the rocket ship shock, I think it looks awesome ; )
Good luck with the sale mate.

Ps:try to sell it in parts, you get more $ out of it

Last edited:

marc.r

Likes Dirt
not into the rocket ship shock hahaha
Nice buy though!
yeah its a bit unusual but it works awsomely. the climb mode works way better then that on a fox ctd. the geometry and sag changes and gives you a sharper head angle that makes sprinting/climbing xc race bike like.

cant believe this hasnt sold yet! is everyone in sydney too tall or something?