NSW Sold

marc.r

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys,

Its new bike time for my girlfriend which means someone will get a bargain on this cool bike.

Item: 2009 Scott Genius, the first year Gen 2 Genius were released, way ahead of their time. Was purchased brand new from a Avanti Plus dealer in 2012. The RRP on these bad boys was $3499 however we got it for a steal as it was old year model so I am happy to pass on the bargain to its next owner!

Item Condition: Very Good as pictures will attest to. Maintained and washed after each ride. Only ridden about once a month by my girlfriend who weighs significantly less then your average male and has never done a jump or drop off in its life. Mainly ridden on firetrails/smooth tracks.
Reason for selling: She has her eye on a 100mm travel womens specific cross country bike. Something more "up her alley". Basically she has the mountain bike upgrade bug and wants to buy something new. In retrospect getting a 150mm travel bike for the sort of ridding she does was too much but the quality of the bike for the money meant rationalism went out the window!
Price and price conditions: $850 (WHAAAAATTTTT??!!! thats entry level hard tail/beat up old bike price)
Extra Info: This bike is 140mm front 150mm back. About 13kg as currently pictured. The frame is about as light as you could get for an aluminum 150mm dually and this could be built up in the 11kg range setup tubeless and 1x setup on front (I should know I did it on mine!). This makes it a great long distance trail bike/marathon bike at a silly price. We've never raced it but it wouldnt be out of place at one of these events! Anyone know anyone who wants to get into the sport but doesnt have the money to drop on a capable new machine?

If you are not familiar it has basically the exact same suspension design as current Cannondale Jekyll that Jerome is piloting to victory in every EWS event. That means 3 travel modes (which all work perfectly) controlled by handle bar mounted switch. Mode 1. Lockout, Mode 2 90mm firmed up compression and rebound Mode 3 Full 150mm. In 90mm mode it is a very effecient climber and in 150mm mode its a good trail bike.

Drivetrain is a mix of XT, SLX and Deore all work well hassle free stuff.

Brakes which are Juicys with 180mm rotors both ends. I know avid gets a bad rap from the elixer series (which I dont like either) but as most people who have been around a while will know, Juicy's were a good brake. Ive replaced brakes for many friends and family with Shimanos stuff but have never felt the need to replace Juicy's on any bike. These are perfectly bled and have good consistent lever feel left to right. Brake pads are near new. These feel like new brakes.

Revelation dual air forks have new oil and seals from TBSM 6 Months ago. Probably seen about 20 hours ridding since then. They feel perfect to me, not a single scratch on the stanchions.

Tyres are only at about 60% as they came off my bike but they are quality kit. I replaced the nobby nic pro level wire tyres for her with my hand me downs when I realised how heavy they were for their comparatively narrow size! Trail king/NN combo works way better then stock tyres even used. Hell at the price of the bike you can grab any tyres (or wheels) you want and still have a bargain.

Oh yeah. Its got a girly seat but gee is it comfy. If you want a boy seat Ive got a new boy seat that is hard and typically oem lying around here somewhere! Its got near new iodine grips too.

Pictures:
P5042199.jpg
P5042201.JPG
P5042205.JPG
P5042208.JPG
P5042212.JPG
P5042215.JPG
P5042217.JPG
P5042225.JPG
P5042227.JPG
P5042231.JPG
P5042222.JPG

Last edited:

marc.r

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys,

Ive had a bit of interest Via PM regarding post so to just clear it up. I would FAR prefer local sale for 2 reasons.

1. you and I can both feel better about the sale if you see it in person before you buy it.

2. Its bloody cheap and sending it wouldnt work out a good deal for anyone involved.

IF I have no luck selling (which seems unlikely given strong early interest) you are willing to pay a premium for my time and a decent courier that will provide me with POD and insurance then I MAY consider in future. I understand this is difficult for many but Its best im upfront with everyone from the beginning.

Happy riding!