QLD Sold

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes, I know this bike has been up/down for sale for a very long time. But my Visa is finally sorted so now I can safely say I'm leaving the country. This is now approved for sale!
Sorry to all the people who have wanted frame/parts from it who have been mucked around.

Item: Medium Ironhorse Sunday

Item Condition: Very Good condition throughout. Well looked after. Forks serviced after every 3 rides. Wheels straight with no dings. Rims are close to new. No play in linkage. Brand new pads in brakes.

Reason for selling: New rig (in a nutshell)

Price and price conditions: $1300 as pictured. Negotiable on price with regards to spec list (see below).

Extra Info: I'm really, really happy with this bike. I love how it rides - anyone who I chatted with at Illinbah would have seen how much of a blast I was having on it. But alas I have committed to buying a new bike for OS travel. For an older DH bike this thing rides brilliantly. The linkage is tight and with the angleset it comes into the geo of most modern bikes. Fork is dialed. Chasing reasonable offers because I like having a loaner bike to take mates for a ride. In the event of a smooth purchase I'll give you a rundown (will probably take an hour) on how to give this linkage/fork luvin' that'll keep it running buttery smooth for a very, very long time.

K9 Angleset
Forks: Boxxer WC
Shock: Vivid Air R2C (not pictured) or Roco (negotiable) or RC4 (negotiable, not pictured)
Wheels: Hope Pro II hubs with MTX33 rear and EX721 front rim
Drivetrain: X9/X9/PG990
Brakes: Elixer Rs or Saints (not pictured, negotiable)
Cranks: Descendants (not pictured, new) or Saints (negotiable) or Raceface (not pictured)
Chainguide: E13 SRS, E13 SRS+ (not pictured) or MRP X0 (negotiable)
Seatpost: Thompson or Easton (not pictured)
Saddle: THE DH
Stem: Holzfeller
Bars: Spank

Pictures:

WP_20140126_22_08_12_Pro.jpg

WP_20140126_22_08_05_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In the event of a smooth sale more likely....... Shouldn't jerk people around too much Hamish.
Excuse me? Are you implying that I jerked you around?

Let me get this straight. Your offer was less than the three guys who offered at the same time (Ideate, bmx, Hank).
Yet despite your low offer and me not selling the frame to you I went out of my way and took the time to give you advice and you repay that with a personal attack?

Thanks Andrew, you're a top bloke.

As below.

Boom King said:
BigHair said:
Boom King said:
Would love it but just looking to build a DH rig for my son and I to share. A bit much for our first big bike. Cheers, Andrew.

No worries. Sorry if it's unappreciated or unwanted but here's a heads up if its a first big bike frame:

Although older Glories are pretty damn reliable and unkillable, the head angles on them make really rough riding a little tenuous, its much more comfortable riding a bike with a slacker head angle not only in steep stuff but through rough stuff because it takes more force to throw you over the front (a similar effect comes from higher bars, but this makes tipping into corners a little interesting). It's worth paying extra money for something a little more modern, although obviously a 2013 carbon flagship bike is pretty unnecessary.

Sundays are probably the oldest frame with a reasonable head angle (particularly so if they have an angleset).

2010+ Demos or Glorys have pretty respectable geo and are easy to source parts/bearings for. Occasionally they come up at a reasonable price.

Also, although I can't verify it to you, I am pretty meticulous about the condition of frames/parts I sell, but its hard to tell with DH frames, particularly ones you can't look at in person. I know I've been burnt buying 2nd hand DH stuff on here - few broken forks and a destroyed frame. I tend to only buy locally now unless its someone pretty warranted with sales on here. Some frames make it pretty hard to check for play if it isn't built up but if you can get some kind of leverage on the frame you want to check all the linkage axles and bearings. If play is only minor then its normally in the bearings and fixable - pretty common on older/cheaper frames. Oh, and paint is irrelevant - its sacrificial for the frame metal, not to make it look pretty. Issues are much more common on DH frames than anything shorter travel.

Another valid point, countering all above here is that if you get a frame cheap enough it doesn't matter how wrecked it is, because it'll be good as a first build to ride until it completely carks it then you can move on to something better.

Sorry if thats all unwanted, but I wish someone had told me that when I was looking for first DH frame - particularly about play and headangles. I wasted too much time with a Commencal Supreme and an 09 Glory for that reason.

Hamish
Thanks Hamish, any advice from more experienced riders is always appreciated. I'm on top of the head angles (just put offset bushes into my 06 Reign 1), that's why I wanted the Banshee and the Sunday you were selling. I've only had one dodgy deal off here and, ironically, it was a local purchase but I was too new and naive. Live and learn. Thanks again and cheers, Andrew.

As far as I know, no-one has been unhappy with any sale I've made in the past - and I've sold quite a lot of bikes. The offer for me to show a local buyer how to service the forks/linkage to keep the running (and for them to get their money's worth out of the frame) is a genuine and honest move. Obviously if anything was wrong with either item it would show up.

Last edited:

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
BigHair said:
Boom King said:
$360 posted to Melbourne with Marz Rocco? Cheers, Andrew.
Hey mate, frame was pending in about 1 min with a cash offer for pickup tomorrow. You're first up if he pikes though.
Want to imply that I screwed you around with the Banshee too?

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Did you want that ironhorse plain orange or with a flame job? That'll learn ya... Maybe change your name to pwndking

MyEmpire

Likes Dirt
Really,

Boomking, take your whinging to the private message area, this is a for sale page, not a page to cry about something that has happened, someone wanting this bike, wouldnt want to read that crap, grow up.