Sold sold

turns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: THULE 916 XTR T2 Bike Hitch Mounted Rack
Item Condition: Great, Rarely used.
Reason for selling: No use. Have a dual cab ute now.
Price and price conditions: SOLD SOLD
Extra Info: This is the top of the line hitch mounted rack from THULE. Mounts via a 50mm tow hitch and has locking pin for security.
I bought this rack as it is CARBON frame friendly with the arm mounting over the front wheel rather the top tube.
It is also folding and has internal cable locks on each of the ratchet arms (A great feature).
A great rack at a fraction of the price.
PLEASE NOTE: Buyer would need to source a light board for use at night.
PLEASE NOTE I CAN DELIVER TO BRISBANE / GOLD COAST AREAS FOR FREE
Pictures: YES

Attachments

Last edited:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
2 questions.

1. How much to ship to Sydney
2. Will it fit a longer wheelbase of a 29" dually. ie. Niner RIP?

Minlak

custom titis
2 questions.

I have been looking at this as well

SecureHook with integrated cable lock secures the bike without making frame contact.
Hitch Switch lever tilts carrier away from vehicle for boot, hatch or tailgate access.
Reinforced tray provides maximum strength and rust-free protection.
Adjustable wheel strap quickly secures back wheel to tray.
Can carry up to 4 bikes with the 916XTR T2 plus a 2 Bike Add-On (sold separately, 918XTR, RRP $469.00)
Fits 20" to 29" wheel diameter bicycles with up to 3" wide tires.
For tyres over 3" wide the fat tyre kit 919 can be used (RRP $79.00).
Accommodates bicycles with disc brakes, thru-axles and other non-traditional frame designs.
Included Snug-Tite receiver lock virtually eliminates hitch carrier movement in receiver and locks the carrier to the vehicle.
Models: 916XTR – 2 bike fits 50mm receivers only.
Models: 918XTR – 2 bike add on.
Clearance from bottom hole out to upright is 44cm.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
My mate is looking for a carrier and has a Niner RIP. He's a lazy/tight bastard and this would suit perfect if it would fit a Niner on it.
Saying that, it might still be above his budget!

turns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2 questions.

Hi mate,

It will fit a 29er.
Shipping would be expensive but I may be able to get it down by other means.
Cheers

Boxer

Likes Dirt
What does it weigh (wondering if my wife would be able to lift onto her car)

Does it not need lights legally (and number plate mount), or is that why it was discontinued in Aust?

turns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My wife can put it on my car no worries.
You can use a bike rack without lights legally in Australia otherwise the importer wouldn't be able to sell them.
I mounted the number plate on there easy.
The rack isn't discontinued. It is still on the THULE Australia website.
Cheers

Boxer

Likes Dirt
Thanks,

My bad - thought I was on the AU website..http://www.thule.com/en/au/products...bike-carriers/thule-t2-2-bike-916xtr-_-916xtr

Thule must still have some stock here in Aust.

Will checkout the lights legality thing, not true they wouldn't be able to sell it - its not illegal to sell an item, otherwise many aftermarket mods for cars would not be sold in Supercheap, Autobarn etc. Also why these exist

http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products/bike-carriers/accessories/number-plate-holder_rbca011

....just not sure on the guidelines for QLD so will check. Most racks I've seen have lights

Cheers

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From my limited research. Unless your lights are totally blocked by a solid object you do not need indicaters, brake lights etc. If you are driving at night you will need to illuminate the number plate somehow 100% sure on that one - people have siad they do this with cheap rechargeable kong style lights etc.

I bought the torp7 rack light bar and cable tied it on to my isi rack just to be on the safe side...

Last edited:

turns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Boxer,
I never used the rack at night but you would need a light board for night use to illuminate the Bike Rack numberplate.
These are reasonably inexpensive and i think THULE do one also.
Hope this helps
Cheers

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
This is a bargain. Unfortunately I don't need one,and my mate has other priorities at the moment,otherwise he'd grab this.
Light board from Thule is and little over $100.

Boxer

Likes Dirt
Yes getting very tempting and could bolt my own light board and plate holder on I guess. Just one more question with regards to the tilt action - I see it will tilt from vertical with no bikes fitted to allow hatch opening on the vehicle.....but does it also tilt further down when bikes are on board to allow the hatch to be opened when bikes are on board?

turns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi mate,
It only tilts up with no bikes and down with bikes by just removing the pin.
Cheers

Last edited:

turns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is final price drop otherwise it will be stored away.
Thanks for all the interest thus far.

Boxer

Likes Dirt
Hi mate,
It only tilts up with no bikes onboard.
Cheers
Wait....A bit more searching and I found this pic - are you saying it doesn't do this however?

2016-03-11 22_36_37-New notification.jpg

Must admit the Thule website doesn't specify this model being able to do it