So, you want a poll on the new name hey?

Do you like the name Rotorburn.com as a replacement for Farkin.net?

• Total voters

Ryan

Radministrator
Ban yourself Ryan, do everyone a favour of being exposed to your sad internet power plays.

Anyway Scott, the plan was excellent and the time of execution was perfect, pity that there was some ill advice as to the name change of Aus' premier mtbike website.

Sorry but RB just doesn't reflect what Farkin has become.
Mate, you are genuinely one of the least intelligent people I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with over the internet. How you can for so long labour under the impression that I, or anyone else on this website care about your misguided opinions is truly beyond me.

Power plays? Immaturity? Scared?

Gripper, I'm going to type this one out nice and slow for you mate. All caps and everything just so there's no confusion.

IT.
WAS.
A.
JOKE.

THIS.
THREAD.
WAS.
A.
JOKE.

See, the thing is (and again, nice and slow here, numbered dot points!)

- 1) We really don't care if you like the name or not.
- 2) This is why the poll only has two options.
- 3) By choosing the first option (Yes), you indicate that you agree with the proposition that Rotorburn.com is a superior name to Farkin.net
- 4) By choosing the second option (Cop it), you indicate that while you do not agree with the name change, you recognise that the decision has been made for you and isn't about to be unmade.
- 5) If you're a self-important wank pig you get onto the thread and get all "Rah! Ryan didn't put in a 'No' option, it's because he's scared and he's making power plays. Internet Hero! Defender of truth and justice! Away!"
- 6) Ryan gives himself concussion from palming his face so hard at the stupidity of folk who write shit like that in the first place.

Last edited:

S.

ex offender
this... is so true.

Scott.... Jeebuz mate... please rename Rotorburn (pffft, who though that Rotorburn was cool) to Whineylittlebitches.com

that will reflect what farkin has become.....

sheesh

s
aaaahahahahahaha.

Right, so not everyone likes the new name. We understand that. "Farkin" didn't have any real meaning other than sounding like a swear word, and being a humorous quote from The Wog Boy, and a lot of people didn't like that name either. The new name was never gonna please everyone, and IMO it's far less cheesy than most names - at least it's something a bit original, unique to MTB without being so cliche that it's the first thing everyone would think of.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
- 1) We really don't care if you like the name or not.
Then why get upset when people give their opinion?

If you make a smart arse "joke" thread you get smart arse replies

Out of all the threads about the name change I've yet to see one that wasn't started by a Mod.

If you don't want people commenting about it stop making threads about it and let it sort itself out in the wash.

Ryan

Radministrator
Then why get upset when people give their opinion?

If you make a smart arse "joke" thread you get smart arse replies

Out of all the threads about the name change I've yet to see one that wasn't started by a Mod.

If you don't want people commenting about it stop making threads about it and let it sort itself out in the wash.
Your mistake is assuming that I'm upset that people don't like the name. I'm more upset about Gripper acting like a dick and accusing me of being 'scared' and making 'power plays' when I'm quite clearly just taking the piss.

Last edited:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Your mistake is assuming that I'm upset that people don't like the name. I'm more upset about Gripper acting like a dick and accusing me of being 'scared' and making 'power plays' when I'm quite clearly just taking the piss.
Fair enough

scorpia26

Likes Bikes
Good job on changing the name :)
Still like the old name farkin. ( hence i chose cop it.)

But hey! the new name opens new things for farkin (I mean RB)
to expand.

Keep up the good work

BT180

Max Pfaff
Who cares, it's just a name. I can understand why it was changed and also why it has 'upset' a few people, but at the end of the day the content will still be the same and we should all have lives to go back to once logging off.

Anyone who is really getting their knickers in a twist about it should just go and tell the story to their wife/girlfriend/mother/etc and you'll get a real gauge on how relatively insignificant it is.

I won't be losing any sleep...

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i like the name i can not think of a better one and it relates to mtb plus you can nickname it RB (which i think is cool hehe) and when i first got into farkin i bought something in the trading area and i said to my mum "oh yea mum i got my new shoes off farkin.net and she was like whaaa thinking it was a rude site and i mean im 15 but you know but my older bro backed me up on that he has seen it so its all good and the mods gave really good reasons on changing the name and please just DONT change the colour please i have been on a couple of different mtb forums and their colours were like emo black and red (no offence emo's) and i got off it straight up it was way too hard to you know everything in that site
keep up the good work boys loving it!!:):)

howie_two4

Likes Dirt
i like the name i can not think of a better one and it relates to mtb plus you can nickname it RB (which i think is cool hehe) and when i first got into farkin i bought something in the trading area and i said to my mum "oh yea mum i got my new shoes off farkin.net and she was like whaaa thinking it was a rude site and i mean im 15 but you know but my older bro backed me up on that he has seen it so its all good and the mods gave really good reasons on changing the name and please just DONT change the colour please i have been on a couple of different mtb forums and their colours were like emo black and red (no offence emo's) and i got off it straight up it was way too hard to you know everything in that site
keep up the good work boys loving it!!:):)
That sentence has 163 words.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Just been doing a bit of thinking and I've come to the conclusion that rotorburn is still a little bit ambiguous as a name. Perhaps we should be more direct in our praise of mountain biking and change it to something like "New Australian Mountain Bike Lovers Association."
This of course can be easily shortened to an acronym...