Smiths Gully Chilled socials

DH danny

Squid
Hey people, i am currently looking for some to catch up for weekend rides around the smiths gully area, a great set of trails that i am sick of riding alone, anybody interested?

DH danny

Squid
For dh sessions, king lake will be up and running soon and rides will be easy to hook up there, I do a basic ride around the smiths gully area, mostly xc/dh style stuff, lots of good downhills, but a few uphills aswell

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
Might come out for a little ride soon, would be good to finally see some local tracks, if I won't hold you up too much on a dh rig

DH danny

Squid
you should be fine, i'm hideiously unfit at the moment but some of the downhills, (partway maintained by yours truly) are pretty good fun

benketch

Likes Bikes
I've been interested to check out the Smiths Gully trails. Are there any trails that would be good with a 160mm AM bike? Or is the ideal weapon for the trails an XC bike?
Either way, I'd be keen to come out for a spin.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been interested to check out the Smiths Gully trails. Are there any trails that would be good with a 160mm AM bike? Or is the ideal weapon for the trails an XC bike?
Either way, I'd be keen to come out for a spin.
Hey buddy.

There isn't any really rough stuff out there requiring a 160mm bike, but having said that there are some longish descents that flow nicely and would still be fun on that kind of bike.

I run a 5 inch dually, it seems like a pretty good tool for the job, but it seems to be the right tool for most places really.

Wal.