Smartasses

Mr jesus

Likes Dirt
Seriously guys what is going on?

What is with all the people suddenly being smartasses to people, heres an example

A guy asks for some videos to download and people start tearing into him just because they didnt understand what he meant. Like alright maybe he didnt clearly state what he meant, but why couldnt someone say "oh can you please give me some more information?" rather than-
wow cool! telling people you download videos is the coolest!
Now hubbie thought that he meant downlaoding NWD6 off limewire when what he meant was downloading things like The lotek mixtape, the drop in videos that you can download off there site!

This is getting outta control im seeing it everywhere and its bringing this site down. Honestly, i dont like this forum anymore because of the amount of bullshit comments and posts.

Heres
the link to that thread

Discuss,

Plow King

Little bit.
Yeah, lets all post up a thread complaining about 'smartarses'. :rolleyes:

On a serious note there are alot of people taking the piss for no aparent reason, on genuine threads on which people want an answer.

Happy now Chris?

Last edited:

Rickystp0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i dont get what your talking about asses? i think u mean arse
im a smart arse:D

jokes but yer it has happened to ppl like with that josh bender huck seat thread

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
not really to do with it but anyway...

When the MR forums first opened it was full of little smart arses.. i used it for a week and got sick of the bullshit ... now this forum is turning the same..

Its all got to do with there big e-willys... some people need to grow up, when some one ask's a question.. maybe they want an aswer??

im a smart arse:D
no.. your just annoying.

Renegade

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, lets all post up a thread complaining about 'smartarses'. :rolleyes:

On a serious note there are alot of people taking the piss for no aparent reason, on genuine threads on which people want a answer.
Actually.. they want aN answer:cool: hahahaha

nick89_

Likes Dirt
There is a new point system that has been made. It's in the announcements section. Does that count for smartarseism?

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Tell you what, guys... hopefully you can appreciate that there is just no way on earth we can read/vet every post made here on Farkin. So help us out a little. YES there are some people who just seem to live for the opportunity of being a smartarse, so when you see a post that is TOTALLY USELESS and designed ONLY to hang shit on someone else then use the little "REPORT POST" function and let us know.

I'm going to point all the other mods/admins to this very thread so they can see that it's obviously a problem and hopefully we can all tighten the standard up.

Cheers

hubbie

Forever 1,337
Now hubbie thought that he meant downlaoding NWD6 off limewire when what he meant was downloading things like The lotek mixtape, the drop in videos that you can download off there site!
mate, i explained it in the thread. Lotek Mixtape is Copywritten, and not licensed to be distributed freely. See http://www.danscomp.com/801314.php. see, it's meant to be purchased.

Unless someone can correct me, i believe it is the same case with Drop In, however it is licensed to be show on TV, rather than individually purchased.

If he had meant private ones, it would have been more suitable to post this in the phat vids section. We have had this situation occur before, and the requester generally meant copywritten, un-licensed material. I may have been a tiny bit confronting, but i also then posted a link to a thread i started with the intention of what he was searching for.

just how it is

Mr jesus

Likes Dirt
Thats not what we're talking about here, why could you of said "Can we have more information as to what type of videos you are talking about?" Rather than what you said.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
mate, i think it's pretty blatant that's what was intended. If it's not then i'm sorry to the poster, but that's not up to you to distinguish.

Also mate, you're the one who brought up the Lotek example, and i pointed out you were incorrect.

I didnt want to start a fight

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Personally I think the soliciting of illegal video downloads on the internet is a slightly bigger crime than "being a smartass".

Id like to see you push that case in court. "Your honour, Hubbie was being a smartass! Can we fine him for something???!":p

Rik

logged out
mate, i think it's pretty blatant that's what was intended.
Was it? It was such an open question... If you're really concerned about the legalities involved, why not be useful and make a point of it, instead of wasting everyone's space and time.
Ie: "I don't know if you want to download DVDs or not, there's heaps of good free vids on the net to download legally, but copyright infringement is a crime and also hurts the industry".

But we can't have people posting useful things, can we? :rolleyes: I'm pretty sick of seeing fools posting throwaway one-liners that pretty much ruin the thread from the onset. It's not conducive to productive discussion, and I'll be more than happy to delete such posts if I come accross them :)

Adrian

Junkie (not the adrenalin type either)
Yeah my arse is smart, if I could just learn how to type with my toes uni would be so much easier...:p

But on a serious note, I think there is a problem when people cross the line beyond cracking a joke and start abusing/judging/other people without gathering up enough information to do it with qualification.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
geez, sorry everyone, as clearly all this hate is directed at me. I've seen threads exactly like this before, and people said exactly what i said. I thought in my eyes it was quite clear what he meant. If you disagree, good on ya

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
geez, sorry everyone, as clearly all this hate is directed at me. I've seen threads exactly like this before, and people said exactly what i said. I thought in my eyes it was quite clear what he meant. If you disagree, good on ya
i haven't read the thread in question, and i probably wont, but i'm pretty sure that there is no "hate" and even if there was its not being directed at you. you're just being used as an example, chill.. as you said, there are plenty of cases of other people doing it. shit, i could probably find numerous cases where I have said innapropriate smart-ass comments, but yours was the example. don't worry, no one's attacking you..

Davf

Likes Dirt
There is a fine line between a joke/humourous post and being a smartarse. Sure i've posted a few comments some people percieve as me being a smartarse for the hell of it, but 9/10 times, it seems pretty obvious what im saying and im not intending to be smart, rather just pointing out something in a 'not treat them like an idiot' fashion. Other people will complain about sarcasm and not picking up on it. 70% of the time, its down to how the reader interprets it. Ahh the glory of forums and how the same sentence can mean a couple of different things. ;)

(oh are the bs statistics me being a smartarse or just adding some humour?? hmmm:rolleyes: )

Last edited:

Mr jesus

Likes Dirt
I wasnt directing any hateb to you hubbie you were just an example, because as you said lots of people have been saying the same stuff and thats why this thread has come up.

derelikt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
smart asses are all the same and if they dont get kicked out for doing it, theyre going to screw up these forums