SLX shifter issue after removing indicator window

nickdos

Likes Dirt
As the title says, I removed the indicator windows off my SLX shifters, so I could push the brake levers inside. It all seemed straight forward at the time, removed the indicator part and replaced with the supplied spare cover/disc. Went for a ride a week later and discovered my rear derailleur is 4 gears out of sync. E.g. when I'm in the highest gear according to the shifter (won't gear up any more) I'm in the forth highest gear on the cassette. I've taken the shifter cover off again to see if there's anything obvious that I can adjust to fix this but I can't see anything.

I'm thinking I could release the clamp on the cable at the derailleur and re-tighten in the highest gear but I don't think there is enough cable to do this (still wound in shifter?). Is there something I can adjust in the shifter to fix this?

EDIT: I tried adjusting the cable but it didn't work - just moved the issue to the lowest gears. I think I've tracked the issue to the shifter not reaching the highest gears. In the photo below the shifter is in the highest gear it will click to but the threaded hold in the white plastic part is not at the highest gear mark in the mechanism, shown by the upper triangle mark (lowest gear does align with the lower triangle). Can I fix this my self?

photo (2).JPG

Last edited: