Signa Sports with Liquidity issues .... (CRC/Wiggle/Probike/Nukeproof/Vitus)

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Nukeproof is technically a US brand..
was...
" In 2004 Northern Irish downhill racer and long term admirer of the brand, Michael Cowan, saw the chance to save the brand. He set about acquiring the trademarks with the aim to re-invigorate the iconic brand.
In 2007, Nukeproof re-launched with a new home in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
All Nukeproof products are now designed and developed by our team in Belfast, Northern Ireland. "

Jabubu

let you google that for me
was...
" In 2004 Northern Irish downhill racer and long term admirer of the brand, Michael Cowan, saw the chance to save the brand. He set about acquiring the trademarks with the aim to re-invigorate the iconic brand.
In 2007, Nukeproof re-launched with a new home in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
All Nukeproof products are now designed and developed by our team in Belfast, Northern Ireland. "
It's owned by a British company but in response to @ozzybmx and @Calvin27, it was coined by a US company.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sadly true. Nukeproof is ok and has decent brand value But it's true, the Americans seems to do better (or maybe it's the marketing?) Salsa, ironhorse, orange, moots, YT , santa cruz. I mean they don't get a free run like the italians, but they do well with brand value.

Orange what now?

quannum

Likes Dirt
Earlier this month I returned a set of brakes to Wiggle under warranty. Looks like the parcel got lost and I got a refund as a result. I feel very lucky - i dont fancy trying to get warranty claims from Wiggle in the coming months. Hope my other set hold up!

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
according to Road.cc, this is the Wiggle Ebay clearance store?

" According to The Times’ report, the Frasers Group was attracted to Wiggle CRC’s digital footprint, with strong social media and online presence a key aspect. "
In which many people are now dissapointed? :)
are they planning a "Dick Smith Electronics" style resurrection?

Last edited:

PJO

in me vL comy
I used to buy a bit from Evans about a decade ago. Had a look and they list Australia as a shipping destination again...

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Didn’t know Riverside bought Bike24 back in 2019 answers my question why they are still going.

Evans was great back in the day, bought lots from them, interested to see what happens if they have bought CRC/Wiggle.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Didn’t know Riverside bought Bike24 back in 2019 answers my question why they are still going.
Was only a quick ownership, so quick that there was no Wiggle-CRC traits even noticeable with the German Giant.
No free ship threshold, no transfer to the mother country, no sharing of brands, it seemed to retain its full German identity. Sold 2 yrs after buying.

PJO

in me vL comy
Shipping is exorbitant though!
For the items I could actually go to checkout the shipping was only £13, but there were quite a few items that wouldn't actually allow me to go on to checkout, buuut I could put Shimano items in the basket and proceed to checkout!!